No screen indication that laser output is active ???

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

No screen indication that laser output is active ???

Postby beefy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Is there no LED to indicate the laser output is active (M10 command).

I've tried LED 220 (Laserrunning - On when a laser engraving is in progress using the laser data object), but that doesn't come on when the laser output SHOULD be on.

I also went to the Diagnostics screen to the pin LED I'd allocated to the laser output but it also didn't come on. Now I know the laser output is a PWM output so maybe an on/off LED has not been assigned, but at the moment seems we have no screen indication of laser output status.

I'm just running in demo mode.

Keith
beefy

Re: No screen indication that laser output is active ???

Postby cncdrive » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:23 am

The Laserrunning LED is on when a laser engraving is in progress, that means that when the laser plugin is enabled and doing a laser engraving job and when that is ongoing.
Laser engraving is a special without g-code operation.

The Laser pin if active you can read the LED of the laser pin, I mean in the UCCNC every pin has a LED and that pin will change it's state,
however the laser pin can update very fast and the LED on the PC side is updated much slower and things can't be realtime between the laser pin and the feedback of the virtual LED,
so it is possible that the pin's virtual LED can't follow the real switching of the laser pin swithing, it is just not possible to update that in realtime and ofcourse the screen also can't update with 100 000 Hz.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: No screen indication that laser output is active ???

Postby beefy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:45 am

Thanks very much Balazs.

I think the problem must be that I'm just running in demo mode while I'm making a screenset. Thus my UC300ETH is not even connected.

I'll do any future tests with the UC300ETH connected.

Keith.
beefy

Return to Custom Screensets