Wierd issues with making a screenset.

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Wierd issues with making a screenset.

Postby Delco » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:25 am

Having a issue where I have made a screenset for my machine on my desktop computer. I then take the whole UCCNC directory and copy it to a thumbdrive and then take it out to the cnc computer and load it. When I open UCCNC on the cnc computer the screenset says its loaded but it is not the screenset I saved. The issue I have narrowed it down to is when creating the screenset I used the uc400 startup in demo mode as no machine connected and my machine is a uc300 and a axbbe . How do I get the screenset to go across all versions when I save it ??

Documentation is pretty poor for this and probing stuff :(
Delco

Re: Wierd issues with making a screenset.

Postby Robertspark » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:13 am

edit the screenset file with a text file editor such as notepad++, tell it the file is a c# file type and you can collapse the code sections to each controller.

copy the code section and paste it to the other controller section.

note there are differences between the controllers .... between the uc400eth uc300eth and axbbe the diagnosis tab will show the wrong pin configuration.... you can correct this manually by finding the tab number for the diagnosis tab and changing all the elements with the tab reference back..... if you have deleted screen elements and added new ones then the new ones will be at the end of each element type.... so you could edit the axbbe and uc300eth screensets and delete all the elements that you changed from each..... then edit the ssf file and copy those new elements to each of the sections and they should then appear correctly
Robertspark

Postby Delco » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:12 am

Clunky as f*uck the way its done and not documented but got there in the end , feel for the guys who actually make complete screensets - I only changed 4 button positions and added a button - 6 hrs later I got there :( , glad I only have 2 different machines and not the full range
Delco

Postby Delco » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:41 am

Well looks like I am not there yet.

I went right back to the start and added one button and saved the screenset . All good

when I reload UCCNC it comes up with this
opening.png

then move to any screen and come back and its all ok .
opening2.png
. its the same everytime I start UCCNC ? I am using the AXBB profile , it didnt happen on the UC300 ?
Delco

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:55 pm

When you saving the screenset with the Save screenset button on the screen editor then the software always saves the current opened tab pages as the to be opened on startup.
This is how you can define what tab pages you want to see when you start the software.
You will probably call this "clumsy", but this is the way which is the simplest for the users.
The only other way would be to make the to be opened tab pages definable in a setting which would just overcomplicate things...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Every controller has it's own screenset. So you need to modify the screen while using the controller you intend to use, even when in Demo mode.
You can copy and paste the sections from one controller to another, but there are small differences between controllers that will be lost if you do this.
Yes, it can be a lot of work to make a screenset for 10 different controllers.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Custom Screensets