NEON Screenset

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

NEON Screenset

Postby laki » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:25 pm

Hello everyone.

The Neon screenset is almost ready for release.
The screenset is designed in 16:9 format and optimized for the 1920 x 1080 screen resolution.
UCCNC 1.2113 software version is supported.
Supported controllers:
-UC100
-UC300ETH_5LPT
-UC300ETH_UB1
-UC400ETH
-AXBB

Is anyone interested in testing sceenset, preferably UC100, UC400ETH or AXBB users?
A few screenshots

1.jpg
main screen

2.jpg
settings

3.jpg
probe

5.jpg
offsets
laki

Re: NEON Screenset

Postby dezsoe » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Of course, yes! :)
dezsoe

Postby Sv3nergie » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am

Nice work, it has a great layout of buttons. Not a fan of the very dark colours though.

Will you share this ? Thanks in advance.
Sv3nergie

Postby laki » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Thank you
You can send me a message at draganlalic1@gmail.com and I will send you a link to download the screenset.
laki

Postby rfsx15 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:06 pm

Thanx for sharing. I installed the screen set. It is a pleasure to use! Very intuitive screen layout. Works well with UC300ETH_5LPT. I will go live this week on a CNC router. Appreciate the changes to the probing function.
rfsx15

Postby laki » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:10 pm

Thanks a lot! ;)
laki

Postby rfsx15 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Neon screenset observations:

1. Compared to 1.2112, I have to change both Y and Z axis dir_pin to active_low.

2. When I by accident bury an axis at its max/min, I am unable to bring it off the home/limit switch (it does work occasionally) once I clear the reset button.
I have only one home switch per axis, that doubles as a limit switch.

3. Under the Probe section (mid screen), everything works except...when performing a simple 'touch probe function', the movement of the Z axis is in the wrong direction.
If I change the Z axis dir_pin from active_low to active_ high, the Z axis probes in the correct direction, but now the 'ref. Z axis' (homing the Z axis) is in the wrong direction.
It appears that the Probe Z axis direction does not take into account the correct Z axis settings??

I really enjoy the layout. It is nice having the jog functions available on the screen. The probing function screen is better organized. The probing help file is a very nice feature. Love the large tool path display.

Thanx again!
rfsx15

Postby rfsx15 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:20 am

RE: above post.

After some additional settings changes...all problems solved and everything appears to be working properly.
Plan to make chips tomorrow :)
rfsx15

Postby laki » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:31 am

Hi Richard,

I'm glad you were able to solve the problems.

In case someone encounters similar problems.

1. I don't know how your machine is configured, but there should be no difference between the versions of the program.

2. When one of the limit switches is active during machine operation, to be able to move the machine you have to press the override limits button and then reset. Only after this will you be able to get the machine off the limit switches.

3. "When performing a simple 'touch probe function', the Z axis movement is in the wrong direction."
I don't know how you configured the machine, but any movement of the Z axis down should be a negative value. Also for the home sequence, the "home positive" field should be checked in the Z axis settings.
For 'simple touch probes' with the Z axis, you should also enter a negative value in the P1 field.
Probing function rely on an existing probe plugin (Thanx to Dezsoe)

If you need any assistance feel free to contact me.
Thanks for the feedback.
laki

Postby laki » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:05 pm

I use my DIY machine as a CNC router but also for plasma cutting so I added a screenset for plasma users.
Attachments
PLASMA.jpg
laki

Next

Return to Custom Screensets