Stepcraft Screenset with UI in mind

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: Stepcraft Screenset with UI in mind

Postby yagodajm » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:30 pm

Ok, I changed every place to UC300ETH_5LPT and I still get an error on line 6405, which is strange, not sure what that line has to do with the controller type.
Attachments
UCCNC stepcraft 2.zip
(85.18 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
yagodajm

Postby ger21 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:58 am

I think the actual line number is 6401, where you have some special character before 54.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby 2046 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:21 am

Controllers update

The Screenset used to be for UC100 only.
I have updated the "UCCNC/Screens/Stepcraft_2046.ssf" and added more controllers to it, namely:
- UC100 *
- UC300_5LPT *
- UC400ETH
- UC300_M44
- UC300ETH_5LPT
- UC300_5441
- UC300ETH_5441
- UC300ETH_M44
- UC300ETH_M45
- UC300ETH_UB1
- AXBB

What it means is that anybody can test and use this Screenset now.

The first 2 are tested, the rest is not tested on real machine but there is nothing extraordinary. It's just all standard functions that the standard Screenset has only in different facelift indeed.
If you test it on any of the untested hardware and it works for you, let me know.

As always, you can download it from https://github.com/twentyfortysix/uccnc_screenset_2046

Postby Rantanplan » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:50 pm

Maybe I am only too stupid, but is the "Zero All" button gone in this screenset?
Rantanplan

Postby 2046 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 am

Just a small update.
The Jog +Z had wrong image :), fixed.

Still waiting for the upcoming UCCNC release 1.2116, once that comes the screenset will be redesigned a bit once more again. The log view must be redone and buttons will be scaled up few pixels in order to give it even better touch space. Plus the "run" screen badly lacks speed controls :ugeek:

Postby 2046 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:31 pm

Rantanplan wrote:Maybe I am only too stupid, but is the "Zero All" button gone in this screenset?

You are right.
There is no Zero All button.

I found the button utterly useless. I tried to find good use for it for a long time and then find out that anytime I hit that button there is one axis I wanted to leave anyway. Rewriting the axis I wanted to get back was way more painful than hitting two or the times the axis I want to reset really.

If anybody wants it back, he/she can add it back super easy to the remaining space left on the right side of the G-code reader or use macro free buttons whatever is preferred.

Postby RobT » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:20 am

Good afternoon to all. My first post here to try and remedy a strange problem.

I am very happy with this Screenset and all the work that has gone into it - many, many thanks for that. SO much easier to use than the standard layout.

However, I have hit one problem. I am using an AXBB-E controller coupled to a new AMB 1400 FME-W DI spindle. This requires the 0-10v analog output of the AXBB-E to adjust the spindle speed.

In the generic UCCNC screenset (under Settings/IO Setup 1 ) there is an option to set the Spindle PWM to an analog channel. I don't seem to be able to find that option anywhere in the 2046 Screenset and nothing I do will make the spindle turn on.

To try and get around this I copied the relevant parts of my Default profile (ie the generic UCCNC profile under which the spindle works correctly) to my 2046 Screenset profile and hey presto - the spindle works great, speed control is functional and everything SEEMS happy.

However, as soon as ANY change to the 2046 settings is made, or if I log out of UCCNC and restart it, the changes I made to the 2046 profile are overwritten and the spindle stops responding.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

With thanks in advance

Rob
RobT

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:42 pm

The issue is that if that field is missing from the screenset and you saving the settings then the UCCNC will read the default value which is probably 0 for that field and then it will save it to the profile file.
To overcome the problem place the missing field on the screenset using the screen editor, then save the screenset and then set the value and save the settings.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby 2046 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:06 pm

As the new UCCNC 1.2116 version is out, it is time to upgrade the screenset.
There are few promising features but it will take some time to get used to them and quite some time to figure out how to implement them.
The current Screenset works with the new version. The screenset is quite messy especially out of [RUN, TOOLPATH} views and thanks to the new features incomplete that will be fixed in the new Screenset release but it still works.
(for those who have Stepcraft small notice, the full default screenset does not work for Stepcraft, not mine actually.. the more is the Screenset update needed.)

My question now before I jump to the upgrade is if you have any things you would like me to focus on that I should consider to retouch?

My planned update is:
- make it v1.2116 ready [new colors, new text filed resizing, quite a lot of missing button images and many new functions missing etc.]
- give more space to the error output field
- add spindle on/off to Toolpath view
- add feed/speeds to Toolpath view
- even cleaner interface
- what would you like to be fixed/enhanced or keep as is?

Postby cncdrive » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:04 pm

You've made a nice screenset, it would be nice to see it being updated for the 1.2116 version of the UCCNC.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Screensets