My probing screen and macros

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: My probing screen and macros

Postby ejg3855 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:38 pm

I am having some trouble getting it to pull the bmp files correctly, literally tried the directions 3 times to a T.

I was wondering if its possible for someone to try this with the axbb-e screen set.

When I use one of the OP's defaultscreen sets it works mint.
ejg3855

Postby ger21 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:35 pm

My guess is that the new version of UCCNC that the AXBB-E requires has conflicting image numbers.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby mschoonmaker » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm

I have it working with the AXBB-E controller, HOWEVER if one attempts the additional instructions in the PDF for fixing the display of G54 thru G59 buttons, (CONFIGURATION, GENERAL SETTINGS, Edit screen button, click on the File tab in the screen editor control window and click on the Save screenset) then exit UCCNC and restart, the RUN screen as well as the PROBE screen get trashed. Not sure why that is, I may attempt to do some screenset file comparisons...
mschoonmaker

Postby A_Camera » Sat May 16, 2020 2:39 pm

mschoonmaker wrote:I have it working with the AXBB-E controller, HOWEVER if one attempts the additional instructions in the PDF for fixing the display of G54 thru G59 buttons, (CONFIGURATION, GENERAL SETTINGS, Edit screen button, click on the File tab in the screen editor control window and click on the Save screenset) then exit UCCNC and restart, the RUN screen as well as the PROBE screen get trashed. Not sure why that is, I may attempt to do some screenset file comparisons...

Sorry, I don't have the AXBB controller so I can't test anything regarding that.
A_Camera

Postby fandtm666 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:30 am

thanks for the work , im new to uccnc and have always used the
X-Y-Z probe setup with mach3 , so this was something i was hopeing
for.

I am using the AXBB-E and after following the isntrustions you posted ( nice )
and i restart uccnc i am confronted by a trashed sceen where the probe button
is just a messed colour and the probe screen is totally fooked.

But thanks heaps for the work much appreciated.
Attachments
screen 2.png
screen 1.png
fandtm666

Postby A_Camera » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Hello everyone.

Some years ago I created a screen set to be able to probe in a more user friendly way than it was possible with UCCNC at that time. It contained a special probe screen and some macros. This stopped working some time ago and that happened without me noticing it, because I don't install every new version. The problem been pointed out to me by some users, and after verifying I investigated the cause, which turned out to be due to some changes made in the UCCNC software. The reason was that my screen elements collided with some of the newer UCCNC screen elements, so the Probe screen got messed up. This weekend I managed to find time and fix this, so any of you interested in, or using my Probe screen can download the new, version 4 and install it. It has been tested with UCCNC version 1.2111 and my UC300ETH 5LPT controller only, since that is the only one I have, but the screen and the functions are completely independent of the controller, so regardless which one you are using, you can download, install and set up for your machine.

The zipped file contains a user guide also, and that is all the support I am providing. I can not promise any other type of support or help with the installation. I made a video some time ago about how to install version 3, and the installation procedure is still the same. The user manual describes the installation, configuration and the use, so if you follow my manual to the letter then you should have no problems. I tested the manual several times, but it is important that it is followed to the letter, otherwise the installation will fail and you have to start over. The Probe screen and the macros doesn't change any of your UCCNC parameters, so you don't have to worry about that, but it is generally a good practice to take backup before start, so I advise you to do that.

Watch this video for how to install:

In the video comments you will see instructions on where to find out more about it.

The later version of UCCNC contains a probe feature, but personally I prefer my own since I think it is simpler to use and actually fits my needs better.

Good luck and enjoy.
A_Camera

Previous

Return to Custom Screensets