CNC test / prototype macro testing boards

If you milled something cool and you want to show it to others post it here.

CNC test / prototype macro testing boards

Postby Robertspark » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:52 pm

I have a spare uc400eth and given I spend evenings doing macros wizards and the occasional plugin, I've been dabbling with the thought of making a lpt test board / emulator, hence this is what I came up with.

IMG_20190323_124714.jpg

PCBs are so cheap to have manufactured now I can't see the point in milling them any more.

Like I design most of my PCBs given you end up with more boards than you may need, I try to design the multi purpose .... Sometimes this means I make them mirrored so I can install components both sides of the PCB... Like I did with a steering wheel that had button controls and paddle shifters..... And in this case I designed the boards with jumpers so that the buttons can be set as active high or active low to emulate no or NC switches and inputs.

There are also a couple of dedicated test points which I'm awaiting some loops to install in so I can connect oscilloscope probes to or frequencies counters etc and made the programming of macros, wizards and plugins a little more easy to do sat away from the machine or away from someone you may be trying to help.

Presently trying to help someone with an ATC that uses a Geneva drive and a single rotation pule index per slot and another per ATC revolution that uses the constructor macro to home the ATC and does various other checks and will move the ATC in the shortest direction to the required tool. I'll post it in the toolbox when done.
Robertspark

Re: CNC test / prototype macro testing boards

Postby Tweakie.CNC » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:43 am

Off topic but excellent work with the UCCNC v1.2110 Macro Manual Rob (very nice pcb's too ;) ).
Tweakie.CNC

Postby Robertspark » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:40 am

thanks Tweakie, welcome to the uccnc forum.... no chance of you being tempted away from mach3? haha
Robertspark

Postby Tweakie.CNC » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 am

Robertspark wrote:thanks Tweakie, welcome to the uccnc forum.... no chance of you being tempted away from mach3? haha

Thanks Rob.
UCCNC - maybe, one day - I already have a UC400 just sitting in a box waiting to be set free :lol:
Tweakie.CNC

Postby Robertspark » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:03 pm

you can always set it free with me/m4 too

just would be nice to have someone with such long term laser experience providing comment.

still nice to see you over here
Robertspark

Postby Battwell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:55 am

are you selling the boards rob? i get fed up dabbing bits of wire around at my desk.
ps ive already done working geneva drive macro with one slot/rev. and shortest distance rotation.
tip. dont have it posting status messages it messes up the timing! (that drove me nuts)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby ronthomp » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Presently trying to help someone with an ATC that uses a Geneva drive and a single rotation pule index per slot and another per ATC revolution that uses the constructor macro to home the ATC and does various other checks and will move the ATC in the shortest direction to the required tool. I'll post it in the toolbox when done.

Did this get done? I can't find it. Thanks!
ronthomp

Postby Robertspark » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:55 pm

ronthomp wrote:Presently trying to help someone with an ATC that uses a Geneva drive and a single rotation pule index per slot and another per ATC revolution that uses the constructor macro to home the ATC and does various other checks and will move the ATC in the shortest direction to the required tool. I'll post it in the toolbox when done.

Did this get done? I can't find it. Thanks!

no, they are not being offered as a free design, they will be sold as a product shortly with a revised design, I have a batch awaiting ordering with a few other SMT PCB designs I need to have made
Robertspark

Postby ronthomp » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.
I was asking about the Geneva wheel ATC macro. It sounds perfect for the Haas I am working on.
ronthomp

Return to What you've made with your machine post the pictures, videos here