remote reset trigger issue

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

remote reset trigger issue

Postby iain1mm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:42 am

Hi,
I have set up a car keyfob to trigger the reseton button so I can have it on my belt and shut things off quickly from anywhere in the workshop when, for instance, my router starts eating something it shouldn't have!
It is working great when there is nothing running but during homing or whilst running code it does not trigger although the input is showing up in the diagnostics window. The reset button on the screen still works OK.
My understanding is that the input should work exactly as though I have pressed the button on screen. Am I missing something (highly likely!) or is this a bug?
I have a uc300eth and I have updated to 2044 but the problem is still there.
iain1mm

Re: remote reset trigger issue

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:00 am

I don't clearly understand what you exactly doing.
Do you mean you pressing a custom button on the screen which calls a macro? 20000 to 21999 button code range?
If so then that will not execute while g-code is running. This is done on purpose, not a bug.
There are only a few buttons which execute even while g-code is running, the reset, stop, offline, feedhold, etc.

If you want to Reset or Stop the machine remotely using an input pin or a keyboard key then configure an input trigger or a hotkey in the I/O triggers,
I mean configure the Reset or Stop button code to an input or to a keyboard key press, those work while g-code is running.

Or you could make a macroloop which programmatically checks your button presses and the macro loop runs in the background and it works even when g-code is running, but you should be careful to not add motion codes to the macroloop, otherwise it can cause problems, if you execute movements from the macroloop while there is g-code running.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby iain1mm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
I have a remote button connected to trigger input pin 11 on port 3 and it is configured in I/O triggers to function 512 (reseton).
This works perfectly and triggers a reset when nothing is running but fails to do so when g-code is running.
As far as I can see I have the correct code for the reset button and would expect it to trigger whilst code is running.
iain1mm

Postby ger21 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 am

Try triggering the Estop or a Limit switch input.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby iain1mm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 am

Feeling a bit daft now :oops: Was triggering wrong pin which was set up to run a macro. Thanks for assisting so quickly
iain1mm

Return to Ask a question from support here