Default feedrate at startup

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Default feedrate at startup

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 pm

What kind of 10sec? There's no 10s wait, it is 10millisec! It is there to keep UCCNC alive while it waits for the reset led to come on. (I think, it runs one or two times only. I never checked, because it's faster than I could see how long it waits.) I use this macro since I wrote it and never had any problem with it: when I click reset, it sets what I need. (I have some more settings.)
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:46 pm

There's some code floating around here for the Constructor macro that takes UCCNC out of reset, sets feedrate and spindle speed, and puts it back in reset, and it works fine, with no delays. I can post it when I get home, but I think Deszoe is the one that posted it before.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 pm

OMG! I had to reread the whole thread to understand you, Terry! The macro on the first page is NOT for the constructor! (I could hardly find out what do you mean by "const"...) So. The macro on the first page is a stand-alone macroloop. Set to autorun and forget it. And you will never have to wait a second, just see the result on the first reset. :)

Gerry, I would never write a macro which leaves reset on startup! :) I think, somebody had that idea and I wrote this macroloop to run on the first release of reset. By me the reset signal controls a charge pump circuit to switch the whole power supply. I really don't want to turn it on for some milliseconds (or eveb turn on power without my permission)... :shock:
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 pm

Here's the code I have for the Constructor macro.

Code: Select all
exec.Callbutton(513); ///  Clear Reset (E-Stop) {required to change modal state}
Thread.Sleep(50);
exec.Code("F150"); // Sets Feedrate
exec.Code("S10000"); // Sets RPM
exec.Callbutton(512); ///  Set Reset (E-Stop)
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:38 am

I use the same two words: "F100 S250", but with the macroloop. Before reset is off these values are irrelevant, because you cannot do anything, but on the first time reset is off, it will run. And it doesn't turn on my power for 50+some milliseconds on program startup. :)
dezsoe

Postby Greolt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Most of the regular contributors on this forum are very competent at writing macros.

However I assume most users that the software is aimed at, would prefer not have to figure out how to do that.

I really believe that these two startup values should be able to be set on the configuration page and not need, what are for MOST USERS, complicated macros.
Greolt

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here