New C# Method Request

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: New C# Method Request

Postby beefy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 am

Robertspark wrote:A suggestion is to try this on a number of gcode files / formats as some do not repeat the modal commands like G1, G2 and G3, or the feedrate (or spindle speed) hence you'll just recover the X,Y,Z,I,J,K,A,B,C accordingly and you may need to use other uccnc fields to establish what the current modal commands actually are, current stored feed rate (or spindle speed) should you want to change and reset these later. As discussed earlier you'll also need to check out if the machine is in absolute or incremental mode { actualdistancemode } before moving it back to another location .

Rob, you're a legend.

Only just came back to playing with this, went offline for a while to do my truck test (passed :D ).

I completely overlooked the modal thing, and in the past it's gave me problems when a subsequent gcode line would only say for example Y1500 (where the hell is X ????). Because it was a straight line and X had not changed, Sheetcam did not put the X co-ord in the following gcode line.
I ended up changing the Sheetcam post processor to always put both X & Y co-ords in every line, even when one of them was the same, but that is something the code should check for.

Thanks very much,

Keith.
beefy

Postby Robertspark » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:39 am

Keith, congratulations on the truck licence.

I try to think about as many eventualities when writing code so there is less hicups later when it doesn't pick up something.

I'm abroad at present till Sunday (France Switzerland), I'll get back to it Monday
Robertspark

Postby beefy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi Rob,

hope you have a great holiday.

Don't worry too much about figuring this one out unless you are doing it for the challenge. The code is growing in size and complexity as more "what ifs" are considered and I start modifying the code to deal with the "what ifs". It's probably not worth the time and effort to develop this code just to automate the happening of the Initial Movement Prep. Plus if there's anything I overlook in the code I may put a little bug in there.

So I think for now I may just do the extra 2 button presses (Cycle Start and the subsequent OK button on the Initial Movement Prep window). It's something I might come back to later when higher priorities are all seen to and tested and working.

Having said that I get the impression you've got the bug (pun intended) and can't stop until you crack this one :lol:

Keith.
beefy

Postby Robertspark » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Yeah I've got the bug, it will no doubt improve my own macro writing capability and coding by the challenge
Robertspark

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here