Actual speed readout.

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Actual speed readout.

Postby X-man » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:07 am

This was working in Mac3 but doesnt in UCCNC. Not sure where I should be looking. The spindle is driven by step and direction from a 0-10v output on the analouge of a C11 board. I cannot see how mach3 got the reading. The wiring on the C11 board has not been changed (although I have made sure everything is tight as that created some of my original issues).

Any help appreciated.

Tony
X-man

Re: Actual speed readout.

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:39 am

You can get the actual spindle speed readout if you measuring the spindle speed which you can do with:

1.) An Index sensor on the spindle which is configured as Index pin on the spindle setup page.
2.) An incremental encoder on the spindle with the A and B signals configured as Encoder A and Encoder B pins.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:51 am

Are you sure that you aren't confusing the overridden speed in Mach3 with the actual speed? Mach3 needs an index signal to give you the actual speed.

The latest test versions of UCCNC do now have the overridden speed shown.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby X-man » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 am

Not sure anymore...mach3 will no longer run my kit even though UCCNC happily does. I am using the latest(non beta) of UCCNC. Anyway, not to worry as the speed readout is different from the actual measured speed but I am not going to dismantle it again to get at the voltage pot just yet..... It is near enough for now (top speed of 2000 rpm is actually 2100 whilst bottom speed at 300 is just over 200 so I guess its never going to be perfect although the speed is very stable)

Tony
X-man

Return to Ask a question from support here