Problem with G28.1

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Problem with G28.1

Postby Redlunn » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi All, I am a newbie to UCCNC, just now converting my CNC plasma from mach3 to UCCNC with a UC300 M45. My plasma has a floating head and a switch to detect when the torch contacts the material. In mach 3 this worked great with a "G28.1Z0.1" command. This is not working in UCCNC. The Z axis will properly find the home switch using the home button but it will not with a G28.1 command. It acts just like an absolute move to position 0.1 but does not attempt to find the home switch and moves on to the next instruction. Any ideas what I might be missing?
Redlunn

Re: Problem with G28.1

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi,

I verified the G28.1 command and it works OK here.
With your code G28.1Z0.1 it first runs to the intermediete point Z=0.1 and then it homes the axis and when homed it continues running the g-code cycle.
Are you using the UC300USB or UC300ETH controller? I verfied with the UC300ETH now, because I had that at hands at the moment, but if you have the USB version then let me know and I will verify that too.

One more idea is that you may have the home switch polarity set incorrectly.
When you home the axis does it move off the switch?

And please post your .pro profile files, so I will run some tests with that too.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Redlunn » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I am using the UC300eth. My previous post was using UCCNC v1.2041, I have since uninstalled that version and installed v1.2037 (and started over on the profile using a mach3 import), and now the G28.1 correctly continues to the home switch as expected. There does seem to be a noticeable pause after the home switch is located before moving on to the next instruction though. I have attached the .pro file that was used with v1.2041 but I don't expect you to look into the issue since it is now working in v1.2037. Thanks again.

Redlunn
Attachments
Plasma.pro
(30.34 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
Redlunn

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:44 pm

I've checked the issue using your profile and the problem is not with the UCCNC version you running, but the issue is that the G28.1 runs the Home all functions with removing all axes from the homing sequence which were not programmed with the G28.1 keeping only those axes in the sequence which were programmed. This is because this way the same sequence is used that you setup which is assumed to be collision safe. (E.g. Z up first and only after the X, Y etc.)
The issue is that in your profile you have no homing sequence setup, all Homing slots are set to "None" in your profile, so the Z-axis is excluded from the homing sequence and therefor it will not home with the G28.1. You can add the Z axis to the homing sequence and then it will home with the G28.1.

And however the issue is not with the UCCNC version 1.2041, but your settings, but I advice you to use the UCCNC version 1.2037 or 1.2039, those are stabile enough.
The version 1.2040 and 1.2041 test versions have issues. The 1.2040 had a serious issue, so it had been withdrawn and the 1.2041 is not saving the settings on closing, so I advice not to use these versions unless your intent is only to help us with testing these test versions. If you want to just use your machine then please do not run these test versions...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Redlunn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 am

Understood. I highly suspected it was user error, I just didn't know enough to solve. Your assistance is very much appreciated.
Redlunn

Return to Ask a question from support here