I Need Help setting up my CNC router with UCCNC software

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

I Need Help setting up my CNC router with UCCNC software

Postby wmaraines » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Here is my situation;

COMPUTER: I have a Toshiba Satellite C855; Intel Core i3; 2.50 GHz; 465/75 used GB hard drive; 4 GB Ram with Intel HD Grhics 4000 display.

UCCNC Sotware attached to their UC100 Motion Control

CNC: My CNC Router is; 4 ea Wantai Nema 23, 425 oz/in; 4 ea Wantai DQ542MA drivers; 2 ea 350 W 36v power supplies; StepperOnLine break out board;
a Dewalt 618 2 1/4 HP variable speed router; all mounted on Open Builds C-Channel V groove framing.

I need step by step instructions on how to get this set up to run! It is all wired up, powered up and I think ready to go.

Your help (any help) will be greatly appreciated. GREATLY!!!!

Bill Raines
314-255-6048
wmaraines

Re: I Need Help setting up my CNC router with UCCNC software

Postby A_Camera » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 am

Did you read the UCCNC and the UC100 manuals? Any other manuals you have read? Is the machine wired up, checked and otherwise complete? What other type of self help did you perform?

You are not exactly helping the helpers with this post, you must give MUCH more detail.

Step by step instructions?

Step 1: Read the DQ542MA drivers manual.
Step 2: Read the UC100 manual.
Step 3: Continuity check every wire.
Step 4: Check that everything is connected according to the manuals.
Step 5: Check the mechanical parts and make sure everything moves smoothly.
Step 6: Check and measure voltages.
Step 7: Read the UCCNC manual.
Step 8: Install the UCCNC software.
Step 9: Read the UCCNC manual again in case something is not clear.
Step 10: Install the license
Step 11: Connect the UC100 to the PC but not to the CNC.
Step 12: Check that it is recognized by UCCNC, fix it if not recognized. Read the manual again in case you need help with the license installation.
Step 13: Shut down everything again.
Step 14: Connect the UC100 to the CNC and the PC and start up again.

... and so on. There are many steps needed before a fully functioning machine is ready for use.

Not really clear to me which of the steps you have done and what sort of help you need. Spoon feeding is not really help, in my opinion reading the manual is step one. The manuals may not be the best and may not be extremely clear for everyone, but they are well enough written and clear enough to a level that it should get you quite far. Anyway, you need to be more specific with what sort of help you need. "step by step instructions" is a bit too much to ask if you mean from start to finish.

Sorry if you don't find my instructions useful, but I really don't know where to start unless I know where you are, and your opening post is really a very, very basic cry for help.
A_Camera

Return to Ask a question from support here