z limit position

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

z limit position

Postby toremick » Sat May 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi all,

Have a ox cnc with uc400eth and uccnc.
There is no easy way of putting a homing switch on the z of this thing except having it placed somewhere on the spoiler board and make the bit touch it.
But is there any way i can set coordinates for x and y before homing z?

For example i would like x and y to home, then move to x400 and y 20 and then perform homing of z.

-Tore
toremick

Re: z limit position

Postby dezsoe » Sat May 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi Tore,

As far as I know, there is a plan to change the homing to move the axes to an initial position, but I don't know when it will be developed.

Until it will be ready, there is a way to do that. I have a macro, I call it "Smart home". You need to edit your profile file and insert the following lines at the end of the file:

Code: Select all
[DASH]
G28MoveX=true
G28GotoX=0.0
G28MoveY=true
G28GotoY=0.0
G28MoveZ=true
G28GotoZ=45.0

If you home A, B or C then make the corresponding entries. You have to set up the homing sequence in Configuration/General settings/Homing sequence, and set the above G28Move parameters as you need. (In your case G28MoveX=true to set move after homing and G28GotoX=400.0 for the position. If you don't want an axis to move then set G28Move... to false.)

You can set this macro on a button (Edit screen) or call it from MDI or g-code. When calling from a button, it will home all axes that are selected in the configuration screen. When calling from g-code or MDI you can use parameter Q to select only one axis to home. It is numbered 0 to 5 as X, Y, Z, A, B and C. When no Q parameter is given, it will home the axes in the configured sequence. Home only X example:

Code: Select all
M20928 Q0
Attachments
M20928.txt
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
dezsoe

Return to Ask a question from support here