Problems Tolerance

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Problems Tolerance

Postby Didi » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:44 am

Hi all guys, I've been going crazy with my CNC for 3 days and I don't know where to turn my head anymore.
It is self-built in 25mm ergal, very stable.
I spent a day calibrating it after the move and it's perfectly calibrated,
I also redid all the stepper calibrations with centesimal precision on all axes (calibrated with Mitutoyo comparator)
Now the problem arises, if I tell it to move 20mm via MDI it moves 20.00mm, very precise on all axes.
If instead I make him make a 20x20mm test square directly from the post processor file, he makes it 20.2 x 20.2mm on both X and Y, tested at any speed, it doesn't change.
I use CAM fusion360 (non-hobbyist) and UCCNC post processor with UC100.
Tried the kernel at both 25, 50 and 100...it doesn't change.
Checked backlash, and adjusted on x-axis.
It gives me the impression as if in the passage between the fusion file that I download onto a flash drive, and the CNC's PC, something happened that generates the error.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Didi

Re: Problems Tolerance

Postby ger21 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:39 am

If you are cutting a 20mm square, and measuring it, try cutting in the opposite direction. The most likely answer is that you are seeing some deflection. Also verify the actual tool diameter.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Didi » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:51 pm

Thanks for the reply, the diameter of the tool is correct and I think that if I had a deflection it should cut the square narrower and not wider, is that correct?
Didi

Postby Didi » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:55 pm

SOLVED... so guys, everything you wrote to me is absolutely correct and I had already checked, the only thing I hadn't tried to do was try the contour from concordant to discordant and everything went perfect... I know this It's important but I hadn't thought about it much.
I ran the tests with 3mm carbon fiber, 1.45 cutter, 700mm/m feed, and 3.5mm depth in one pass.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Didi

Return to Ask a question from support here