Axis setup defaults

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Axis setup defaults

Postby Hammerle5 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:16 pm

Hello, I'm having so many issues with converting my Benchtop Mill to UC300 ethernet system and UCCNC software

couple of questions;
1. I don't understand the calibration process to precisely move an axis 1". I had 250 cpr encoders (currently have 1024) and needed a steps/ unit of 354.************** to get close. To do the math one HAS to use 25.4 as the inch unit, because anything devided by 1 is the same number you started with.

2. with all axis setup entries equal among 3 axis, why would one move slower than the others. ( motors, encoders, components all are the same )

3. Why does UCCNC axis fly out open with a default of 10% jog rate? How do I default this to 100%?

4 With the UCCNC having a Serial tied to my CNC4PC C76UC300 B.O.B for operation, how do I upgrade to the current version to ensure I have no software issues.
software version 1.2111
firmware version 1.0340
hardware version 1.0000
api version 2.1790
serial # CD1D40
Device type UC300eth_m45

Thank you for your time
Hammerle5

Re: Axis setup defaults

Postby ger21 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:12 am

1) Enter your calculated steps/unit prior to the calibration process, and be sure to hit the ENTER key after typing the value. You can use any number of decimal places here.
Once in the Calibration screen, you only enter the distance and feedrate, then click OK. When the machine stops moving, measure the distance moved, and enter it, then click OK. The actual steps/unit value will be displayed. Clicking OK again will close the Calibration window, and write the new value into the steps/unit field. Not sure if you need to, but I'd click Save Settings at this point.

2) They shouldn't, but we'd need to see your setup screens, and tell us how you were moving the axis.

3) Design decision.

Put the following code in your M99998.txt macro:

Code: Select all
string readfield = exec.Readkey("JogSpeeds", "913", "100");
AS3jog.Setfieldtext(readfield, 913); // Set Jog Percent
AS3jog.Validatefield(913);

And the following in your M99999.txt macro:

Code: Select all
// Jog Percent
double fieldval = AS3jog.Getfielddouble (913);
exec.Writekey("JogSpeeds", "913",  fieldval.ToString());

And UCCNC will start with the value from the previous session.

4) Just install over the previous version, and the license will remain in place. It's a good idea to have backup copies of your license files saved somewhere.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Ask a question from support here