Laser fine tuning, maybe???

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Laser fine tuning, maybe???

Postby marteng » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:24 am

Laser cut 1.jpg
Laser cut 1
Good day to all,
I have now come to a point where I am now able to operate the CO2 laser on my CNC router and do some "acceptable" cuts, but then again I need to further do some more tests to confirm the progress so far done. Being completly estranged to the laser field, it took me a while to research / read, set, adjust and figure out what I should (and shouldn't) have done. I feel that there are other areas which require fine tuning or setting but am afraid that I have come to the point where I can comprehend what is further required to get it run properly.
Anyhow, a long story short, before configuring the laser was not switching off when crossing isolated ares as can be see in the attached "Laser cut 1". After setting the results improved drastically but still had some areas where the laser seems to have not switched off in time relative to the position as shown in "Laser cut 2". I have been reading that there is a synchronous mode and another that is not, I am of the understanding that it should be running in sync since I have not configured any of the M10.1 ... 10 out pins. At first I thought that the speed of the gantry was a bit too high but 10mm/sec (at which this was cut) on the otherhand is relativly slow. having said that I feel stuck on how to move forward to the final point!! I am designing on LighBurn, exporting in GCode with GRBL-M3 and importing into UCCNC with Lightburn plugin.
Does anyone have any perspective or experience on what might be going on?
Thanks in anticipation for your help.
MartenG
Attachments
Laser setup-page1.jpg
Laser setup-page1
Spindle PWM disabled.jpg
Spindle PWM disabled
M10.1 ... 10 out pins.jpg
M10.1 ... 10 out pins
Laser cut 2.jpg
Laser cut 2
marteng