exec.Callbutton(783);// m6

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

exec.Callbutton(783);// m6

Postby Battwell » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:24 am

i have a weird issue that has popped up.

for over 6 years i have had atc macro with auto probing in the same macro- which works perfectly.

i have written a change and probe all tool rack macro which just finds the tool numbers and then calls m6 for each tool in the rack using exec.Callbutton(783);

it has worked well on long (overnight changer repeat tests ) at my workshop. its on 3 machines in the field so far.

i have a customer now getting "the probe didnt hit " fault sometimes- but quite often using this call only.

the standard m6 code works perfectly from g-code. the callbutton 783 is calling the same code!
it completes the tool change section of the macro fine.
the probing section is identical to m31 code which has always worked perfectly on version 2.113.

strange as this is using version 2.113 that did not (or i have never seen throw this fault)
the machine is not using ucr201 plugin (which gave faults in later versions)

m6 with or without probing on works perfect. (from mdi or g-code)
m31 works perfect. (from button)

is there something different happening using exec.callbutton? is it because a macro is being called from a macro?

i did have an issue with m6 code calling probing using exec.callbutton in the past , (gave some weird movements ) got around this by putting the m31 code as a continuation of m6 instead of using callbutton.

edit- i just noticed that a "bug" has been posted by danstory using the same callbutton 783. giving strange behaviour.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Return to Ask a question from support here