UCCNC Homing problem!

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCCNC Homing problem!

Postby Mrosconi » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 am

Ladies and Gentlemen (I'm sure there will be others too) I have a strange problem that I can't figure out how to deal with. I have AXBB+Mach4+Win10Pro. I have 4 axis+ spindle. I only have HOME inductive sensors.
Everything works and doesn't work. After approaching the sensor, the diode on the sensor lights up (in my case it goes out, because I have NC sensors) and the corresponding pin and the function assigned to it will light up in diagnostics. I have the appropriate pins on all axes except A (4), i.e. 4, 5 and 6, and the same for all functions. So pin4 is both HomeX and LimitX. When I find it or put a screwdriver to the sensor, the E-STOP switches on. So the Limits work correctly. I have software limits turned on. But they are of no use to me because I can't jam. It's just that nothing happens during Homing, either overall or individual axes. The wasp passes over the sensor, it sends a signal, but it doesn't adjust and doesn't go back, and thus it doesn't jam, and the wasps end up hitting:/
The answer from CNCshop is that they sold 50,000 licenses, so it must work. I don't doubt it, but I don't know why it just doesn't work for me. I have a fresh install of Windows and UCCNC, a new profile. I have Mach4home on the same computer and it F U N G U J E!!! Where should I look for the problem? After all, it must be some wrong setting or a program error, when it is correct in hardware. Please, give me an advice. Thank you
Mrosconi

Re: UCCNC Homing problem!

Postby cncdrive » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:19 pm

What I actually wrote you is that it is basically impossible that there is such bug as it was not reported by anybody in any versions and based on the number of sold license keys it is not possible.
Can you jog the axis to left and right properly? Because maybe you did not set the direction bit of the axis properly, then the axis cannot change direction.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here