UC100 OK - UCCNC in demo despite the license

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: UC100 OK - UCCNC in demo despite the license

Postby cncdrive » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:28 pm

Yes, drivers signature enforcement disabling can be a solution as well as you might need to disable the secure boot in BIOS if your computer supports it and if it is enabled.
However we still don't understand why some Windows 10 x64 computers having this problem with the drivers when they are actually signed with EV code certificate signature which is the highest rated signature type, it required a company verification as well as a physical code signing dongle was shipped to us and it has an awful security system, it took us 2 days to install and make it work. So, the drivers should work fine on all Windows operating systems from XP to 11.
However some computers having this problem, but we don't know why, maybe it is a bug in a Windows update.
Anyways, we started to make the testings for WHQL certification which makes Microsoft to sign the drivers, however the procedure requires a 2 computer testing sequency with one machine running the testings and the other reading the results via a LAN network. Again a very overcomplicated procedure.
Hopefully we can get it done soon and then if it will still not work then people can blame Microsoft for this problem. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby azerty01 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:37 pm

As the computers used for machine tool control are generally not connected to the internet for security reasons, they are therefore not updated except in the event of an incident. It is very likely that if all UC100 users had an up-to-date win10pro (for example), they would have the same problem. Indeed, among the updates there must have been a strengthening of security. I repeat that on my previous computer, also Win10pro (but not updated for years), never caused the slightest problem (except when it died, but it was already old).

I also tried to see what was happening by connecting the uc100 to my modeling computer, a completely different computer than the one I use to control the cnc. and also with a laptop. These last 2 computers also under win10pro always up to date. And exactly the same problem as with the new computer which controls the cnc. Code 52 error and UCCNC only in demo.
So clearly something must have changed in the control/security measures of win10pro (maybe under win10home or any other windows it is different, I didn't have any on hand to verify).

In any case, thank you for your answer and for keeping us informed of an upcoming update! I guess that it is not necessarily easy for a small structure like yours to be able to follow the incessant madness of giants like Microsoft...
azerty01

Postby cncdrive » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:02 pm

We have many uptodate Win10 pro computers and no problem whatsoever.
Also the sold UC100 count is well over the 100 000 units, so I guess that many of these users are running updated Windows 10 Pro operating systems.

And yes, Microsoft changed the signature security on Windows 10 64 bits versions a few months ago, but our newest USB drivers already complies the new rules.

Anyways, we will continue making the drivers WHQL certified asap in the hope that it will resolve this issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby BoLam » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:47 pm

OK
Now that the problem of -azerty01- seems solved,
(by the way, he could have opened his own topic, there is nothing in his posts that tells me he wanted to help me.)
please re-read the posts i have written about what i have tried in an effort to avoid unnecessary back-and-forth.
My last post was March 7.

I am including images of driver properties.
Thank you
Attachments
09.jpg
08.jpg
07.jpg
06.jpg
05.jpg
02.jpg
BoLam

Postby azerty01 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:51 pm

I'm sorry BoLam, if my intervention has bothered you, the problem you are facing seemed similar to mine.

BoLam wrote:Now that the problem of -azerty01- seems solved

It is not ! the solution I found can only be temporary while waiting, maybe the next driver.

BoLam wrote:(by the way, he could have opened his own topic, there is nothing in his posts that tells me he wanted to help me.)

This is not true. By describing the approach that worked for me, I thought it could also help you :

azerty01 wrote:(...)

The solution found is to use windows 10 in "test mode" using the following method:

- Disconnect the computer from the internet

- Completely uninstall the usb driver of the uc100 and unplug the UC100

- Open a command prompt (cmd) with administrator privileges

Enter and validate the following two commands:

- bcdedit /set testsigning on and then bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

- restart the computer

- Connect the UC100

- Install the UC100 driver

At this stage, by launching UCCNC it should be operational.

(...)

have you tried this method ?
azerty01

Postby BoLam » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:57 pm

Sorry azerty01

I opened this post on February 27, 2022 and cncdrive replied to me the same day. But, as I indicated in my message afterwards, the solution he proposed to me had already been tried and I subsequently gave a lot of indications on the steps I took in the aim that there are no useless exchanges.
I know that cncdrive must be very busy answering a multitude of requests, but follow-up should be done more intensively.

On March 07 I asked a simple question which is still unanswered.
Maybe my license file is corrupt?
After your intervention of March 16, you had an exchange with cncdrive which tried to solve your problem, but it seems that it is a problem related to Microsoft.

During my message of April 01, I had still not had an answer.
This is my second UC100, the first one I had to buy to operate my cnc Stepcraft failed because of the mini USB connector whose design is very fragile.
After having taken steps with Stepcraft I was advised to contact the suppliers of the UC100 and I wrote to PolgardiDesign but without success of answer.
Having no choice, I bought a second UC100 with the license and everything worked well until recently as I indicated in my first message.

My last message is from the first of April and I think the one month delay is exaggerated.
I'm sorry. My frustration with this whole situation and the support given to you from cncdrive while ignoring my posts was the cause of the way I phrased my post.
Besides, today is April 17 and I have no news from cncdrive.

Thank you for taking the trouble to suggest a method. I hadn't paid attention to it.
I haven't tried it since I'm using windows 8.1 and I think my problem is different from yours.
I currently use my laptop and do updates regularly.
I'll see if I can try it on another computer with windows XP, I don't know if your suggestion will work on XP.
:oops:
BoLam

Postby azerty01 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Don't be sorry BoLam, I totally understand your frustration.

That said, as soon as you test the uc100 under windows 8 or xp, let us know if it works or not. Because if it doesn't work, it's probably a hardware problem. Sometimes it's just a trifle... have you tried, for example, changing the usb cable? (taking care to choose one with a ferrite, something like that : https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61c+uItYjoL._AC_SL1200_.jpg)

As for my method, I cannot guarantee that it will work on a version other than windows 10 pro "21H2" (all updates made). On Win7 or W10 "19Hx" and "20Hx" I had no problems but it was on the computer that let me down.

In any case, I sincerely hope that your problem will be solved.
azerty01

Postby BoLam » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:35 pm

Hello azerty01

The installation CD that came with my Stepcraft cnc does not contain the drivers for the UC100.
I used the CD to install UCCNC version 1.1019 (dating from around 2016, the year I bought my Stepcraft)
Installation on a computer with windows XP went well, but the program does not start up correctly.
Message from windows: UCCNC has encountered a problem and needs to close. ...
(I tried to run UCCNC after trying to install the UC100 drivers)

When I connected the UC100, I chose manual installation and first tried the drivers suggested by cncdriver.
No driver was found for the FT232EX.
I chose the automatic online windows option, but with the same result.

This is all starting to be a nightmare. I have already invested too much time and money in finding a solution here that seems unattainable to me.
I'll look elsewhere for a Parallel USB or ethernet module that doesn't require a license to use it and that will work with Mach4.

For me, Stepcraft and its associates are a thing of the past.

Thank you Azerty01 for your support and I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Sincerely Bo Lam
BoLam

Postby cncdrive » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:12 pm

Bolam,

Try what azerty01 wrote in his post#6 of this forum thread.
If nothing else works for any reason that has to work.
And make sure to follow the steps he wrote precisely step by step, because for example it is important that first you disconnect the computer from the internet and only then uninstall the drivers etc. so follow those steps closely.
And what that method does is it disables the signature checking of Windows, so even if Windows has somekind of problem with the signature of the drivers will not matter, the drivers will install anyways.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby azerty01 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi, is there any news on the WHQL certified UC100 drivers ???
azerty01

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here