UC100 OK - UCCNC in demo despite the license

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UC100 OK - UCCNC in demo despite the license

Postby BoLam » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:49 am

Hello

In 2016 I bought a Stepcraft2_Model300 and the UCCNC program, the UC100 and the license for the UC100.
I didn't really use this machine because I had other plans.
But a year ago it was functional and the UCCNC program worked well with the UC100.

A year ago I moved and I haven't used the Stepcraft since.
A few weeks ago, I reinstalled my operating system and made the updates (windows 8.1)
and I reinstalled UCCNC (ver. 1.2115) to use the Stepcraft.
The UC100 is recognized by windows and appears in device USB controllers, as USB Serial Converter.
(After automatic installation by Microsoft)
My license for the UC100 is in the UCCNC program directory but UCCNC only works in demo mode.

When I connect UC100, the green light comes on. But never the blue one, even if I connect the UC100 to the Stepcraft.

I tried to install from this link:
http://cncdrive.com/MC/UC100 full auto installer/UCx00setup.exe
following a recommendation in one of your posts in this forum.
After installing MACH3 which I don't need, I got this message before the install aborted:
"DPIns.exe does not execute on your current Operating System."
My operating system is (windows 8.1) and is up to date.

I now have more time and would like to finally take advantage of this investment I made several years ago.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Bob
BoLam

Re: UC100 OK - UCCNC in demo despite the license

Postby cncdrive » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Try to install these drivers: http://cncdrive.com/MC/UC100%20files%20 ... rivers.zip

First disconnect the computer from the internet. (this is important!)
Then in the Windows device manager uninstall the USB drivers with select the delete drivers option checkbox.
Then unplug the UC100 and plug it in again.
In the Windows device manager install the drivers from location and browse the previously downloaded package. Ofcourse unzip it first.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby BoLam » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Thank you for your prompt response
I have already tried this approach but windows gives me the message that it cannot find a driver for my device.
I will try again according to your recommendations and come back with the results.
Bob
BoLam

Postby BoLam » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:55 pm

I downloaded the zip and extracted it.
I disconnected the internet.
I connected the UC100
It appeared in "other devices" with a problem, probably without drivers.
As FT232EX
I uninstalled and disconnected the UC100
I reconnected the UC100 and it still appears under "other device" FT232EX
I reconnected the internet and windows installed. (sorry)
The device appears in USB Controllers as USB serial converter.
I disconnect the internet and uninstall by checking the delete box.
I disconnect and reconnect the UC100 still without internet.
It still appears under "other devices" FT232EX
I install the drivers from the download (C:\Users\BoB\Desktop\UC100_Drivers\x64)

Windows was unable to install your FT232EX
Windows could not find driver software for your device.

I have already tried to update the drivers when the device was in USB Controllers as USB serial converter.
No result, same type of message.

Previously I had tried to install UCCNC from the installation cd that came with the Stepcraft when I purchased it but I faced the same problems:
FT232EX, tried the drivers from the cd, tried the drivers you recommend, etc.
I also tried version 1.2113 without success.

It seems that the drivers that came with the installation cd of the machine in 2016 are not approved by windows WHQL.
It also seems that those provided on the CNCDrivers site are also not trusted by windows WHQL, since they are not found when
manual installation.
The drivers installed by windows automatically from the internet are recognized by my windows 8.1

My UC100 license is in the UCCNC directory and, despite all my attempts, the UCCNC is still in demo mode.
Obviously, I uninstalled and reinstalled UCCNC several times following the steps listed above. I also each time put my license file
of UC100 in the UCCNC directory.

This is where I am.
Since windows installs drivers from the internet, is it possible that my license file is corrupt?

Bob
BoLam

Postby BoLam » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:04 pm

Oops!
Anyway, the drivers do not install.
But when windows installs them from the internet it's always in demo mode.
BoLam

Postby BoLam » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:48 pm

Hello
When I use UCxxx_Serialnumber_lister app from UCCNC directory
and I do a scan, here is the result:
UCxx device was not found

However, I just updated the operating system and among the update were the UC100 drivers.
FTDI-USB-2.12.36.4 July 2021

Thank you
BoLam

Postby BoLam » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:52 pm

Hello
I use google translate for my posts.
I believe that my last message was misinterpreted, my problem is still not solved after updating the operating system.
In my last messages, I give a lot of details on the approach I have taken, in order to avoid endless exchanges.
Please I would appreciate your follow up and recommendations to fix this issue.
It seems that you cannot provide an application which would allow me at the same time to install the last version of UCCNC as well as the "drivers" necessary for
the UC100.
Such an application exists for MACH3.

Finally, as I mentioned in one of my messages, is it possible that my license file for the UC100 is corrupt? and what is the procedure to obtain a new license file?

Thank you
BoLam

Postby azerty01 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:10 am

Hi, I have a similar problem.

Having changed the computer (dead) for the control of the cnc, so I had to reinstall windows (10 pro 64bit) as well as its updates.
So I also installed UCCNC again and placed the license (UC100) in its folder.

I have tried all the latest uccnc versions, including the USB drivers posted above. But nothing helps. Every time I start UCCNC it only offers me the Demo version.

Looking in the device manager, the UC100 USB driver is declared "unsigned" by windows with a code 52 error.

I have already spent too much time trying to solve this problem, trying to install other drivers, uninstalling them, etc. I also desactivated the windows driver signature enforcement... in short, nothing, still the demo mode offered, still the driver signature problem.

What should I do ? I need to get my machine working as quickly as possible!
azerty01

Postby azerty01 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi, I have a similar problem.

Having changed the computer (dead) for the control of the cnc, so I had to reinstall windows (10 pro 64bit) as well as its updates.
So I also installed UCCNC again and placed the license (UC100) in its folder.

I have tried all the latest uccnc versions, including the USB drivers posted above. But nothing helps. Every time I start UCCNC it only offers me the Demo version.

Looking in the device manager, the UC100 USB driver is declared "unsigned" by windows with a code 52 error.

I have already spent too much time trying to solve this problem, trying to install other drivers, uninstalling them, etc. I also desactivated the windows driver signature enforcement... in short, nothing, still the demo mode offered, still the driver signature problem.

What should I do ? I need to get my machine working as quickly as possible!
azerty01

Postby azerty01 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:02 pm

Since Saturday, I found a temporary solution while waiting for a driver with a signature recognized by windows.

The solution found is to use windows 10 in "test mode" using the following method:

- Disconnect the computer from the internet

- Completely uninstall the usb driver of the uc100 and unplug the UC100

- Open a command prompt (cmd) with administrator privileges

Enter and validate the following two commands:

- bcdedit /set testsigning on and then bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

- restart the computer

- Connect the UC100

- Install the UC100 driver

At this stage, by launching UCCNC it should be operational.

In order to verify the validity of the procedure, I redid the procedure several times and it worked each time.

But really, this should only be temporary! the CNCdrive team should really work on a safer and permanent solution.
azerty01

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here