Problem with correct part size using Uccnc software

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Problem with correct part size using Uccnc software

Postby Rmg21 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 pm

Hello
I have been using Vcare Pro 6.5 for many years. I originally was using Mach3 on a Windows XP desktop. I wanted to upgrade to another platform and use my Win10 laptop. I decided to use Uccnc software and a UC100 controller. I have these products up and running on my cnc machine. My cnc machine is a off brand so I don’t know the configuration, however, it has a Rockcliff control board. For a test I created a 4” square. The problem is that when I use my older Vcarve Pro version 6.5 and import the part to the Uccnc software the overall dimensions are about half the size (2 inches square ). And my cnc cuts it at 2 inches.
I down loaded the newest Vcarve Pro 11.0 free software and I used the training file “Bull head sign”. When I send the job to the Uccnc software it is now showing the part with the correct size (i.e. 4” wide and 11 inches long) but the Cnc is still cutting out the work about how alf the size (2” wide and 4 inches long). I tried all the available Gcode file extensions available but all have the same results. Has anyone seen this problem when using the Uccnc software? I want to purchase the Vcarve Pro 11.0 upgrade but I don’t know if any of the file extensions will work. I notice that the newer version has a Uccnc file extension loaded as an option. I just don’t know if that will work. Thanks for the help.
Thank you
Rmg21

Re: Problem with correct part size using Uccnc software

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:08 am

Are you sure the machine is moving the correct distance?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby thegreatwaldo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:09 am

Could it be you've got Vectric set up in inch and uccnc set up in centimeters?

Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby CT63 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:59 pm

I use Aspire V10 (inches), supplied Mach 3 arcs.txt processor and UCCNC never had a size problem. Been using Aspire and UCCNC for years. Haven't upgraded to V11 yet... not sure I will.

Make a Gcode text file using the 6.5 vcarve pro and then a gcode file using the V11 vcarve pro then compare both looking at the X and Y gcode values. If its a V11 vcarve issue those values should be half of 6.5 vcarve.

In Vcarve go to "Edit" tab, "Design Scaling" make sure "Scale Design With Job Size" box isn't checked.

In UCCNC use the axis calibrate function to make sure both X and Y move the correct distances.
CT63

Postby Rmg21 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll verify these things and let you know.
Rmg21

Return to Ask a question from support here