VFD Issues

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

VFD Issues

Postby skidrowotx » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:48 am

Finally got everything working but I am having an issue with getting the spindle to work correctly.
I either have all or nothing. If I change the duty cycle then the speed reduces.
I have good analog output from the controller. AXBB-E.

The VFD is responding correctly. The VFD is a Chinese H100
I also cannot adjust the speed using the % slider for speed override nor will the G code set the correct speed.
If I do a MDI such as S15000, I get no response. Checked voltage at the controller and the VFD and and it corresponds
correctly to the spindle speed. I am checking spindle speed with a handheld tach.
If I change to VFD setting to manual control I also get good speeed control.
I just think I am missing something in UCCNC. Thanks for any help given!!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-04 224750.png
Screenshot 2021-09-04 224610.png
Screenshot 2021-09-04 223257.png
skidrowotx

Re: VFD Issues

Postby cncdrive » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:33 am

Hi, why you think that you missing something on UCCNC?
You wrote that you measuring the correct analog voltage from the AXBB-E, but you not getting proper spindle motor speed.
If this is true then the only logical reason is that something is wrong with the VFD. Maybe some settings.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby skidrowotx » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:44 pm

When the controller sends a signal to the VFD it responds correctly.

The main issue I am having is if I try to change the spindle speed using the slider by the SRO
there is no change. The analog to the VFD is always at 100% (9.8 ish volts) at 100% duty cycle.
If I change the duty cycle to 80% then I still get 100% analog out but
the volts drop to the 7.8 range. I don't think there is a problem with the analog output from AXBB-E
I just can't figure out why UCCNC won't let either the G code adjust speed or let me override the speed setting.

I am using the pin mapping plug in and multimeter to read voltage.

Even when the G code calls out a speed setting I am still getting the max speed. 24K rpms when 100% duty cycle or a lower speed if I change the duty cycle in the
configuration settings. I have triple checked settings in the VFD and can't find anything that would cause the issue. If I send x.x volts to the VFD then I get a correct
speed according to the voltage input to the VFD. I am checking speed using a digital tach.

I hope that clarifies it a little more.

PS. Absolutely love the motion controller and software!!!!
skidrowotx

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:24 am

If you setting the PWM max. duty cycle to e.g. 50% then you still getting 9.8 ish voltage?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby dezsoe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:43 am

Could you upload your profile here (.pro)? Also, check if you have the spindle PID control enabled. Its a common problem that users enable the PID control (then forget it) and there's no RPM input, so it will try to speed up the spindle.
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:55 am

Yes, that is a good idea, to make sure the spindle PID control is disabled, because if it is enabled and if you have no encoder feedback from the spindle that will always drive the PWM and the analog output to maximum.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby skidrowotx » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:27 am

problem solved. I had PID enabled when it should nt have been.

Thanks for all the input!!
skidrowotx

Return to Ask a question from support here