Toolpath display

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Toolpath display

Postby Delco » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 pm

Had a wierd issue today with my machine yesterday , loaded a gcode file I created from fusion360 that ha 12 toolpaths , its about 8 hrs of code , using 6 work coordinates .

The toolpath says it loads but I cant see it anywhere , the dimensions show up but no toolpaths , gcode is there and the program runs fine . Tried it on my office computer which is more powerful and it shows up fine .
If I supress the first long adaptive in fusion and create the gcode then the toolpath also shows up .

Is there a ram or video memory restriction ?
Delco

Re: Toolpath display

Postby cncdrive » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:25 pm

No, there isn't.
It is recommended to have at least 256 MByte, better to have 512 MByte though.
But even if the video memory is not enough would not cause the toolpath to not display,
then OpenGL automatically copies the data between the computer RAM and the video RAM in every display cycle.
This would load the computer CPU and video card GPU more, but would not cause the toolpath display to not show.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Toolpath display

Postby Delco » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:30 am

That is strange then , not a high spec computer i5-2400 Dell pc with 8mg ram integrated graphics on win7.

I have experimented with deleting toolpath and recreating in fusion , changing the order etc slowly adding on toolpath at a time until it stops loading on the screen .
Using the latest development version of uccnc . It is ok up until I reach a limit which seems to be about 300000 lines of code
Delco

Return to Ask a question from support here