Demo mode

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Demo mode

Postby darren123 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi everyone, first time poster so sorry if it's stupid question, but here goes...
I've been running my JBEC router through UCCNC for a year or so with very few problems until this morning. When I turned it UCCNC defaulted to demo mode and there was nothing I could do to get back to the normal operating mode. The only thing that has changed is that over the weekend I disconnected the internet to my workshop on the basis that I assumed I wouldn't need a network connection 'cos the PC/JBEC only need to communicate with each other and Windows 7 was getting on my nerves with its constant gripes about wanting me to update to Windows 10.
I guess my question is, is the lack of online connectivity causing some sort of error with my UCCNC and JBEC (and jog controller) and if so, is there any way around this? Ideally I'd like to keep the whole thing offline if possible.
Any suggestions or answers most appreciated
Cheers
darren123

Re: Demo mode

Postby ger21 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:59 pm

If you are using a network controller, is it connected directly to the PC?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Without knowing the details, I think that when you disconnected the internet then there's no device to give IP address to your PC and controller. (Assuming that you have an Ethernet controller.) If this is the case then you have to set fixed IP address to your PC and motion controller. See the manual of the controller for details.
dezsoe

Postby darren123 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Wow. Thanks so much for the quick replies ger21 (Gerry) and dezsoe...much appreciated. I haven't got a network of any description ger21 - just a PC with UCCNC on it, linked to my JBEC, with a wired in jogger. Until recently the whole system was linked via ethernet to the net, but since I disconnected I haven't been able to get UCCNC to respond. I guess the best thing would be to reconnect and see if it goes back to normal. Thanks for the suggestion of the IP address dezsoe, i'll give that a go.
Much appreciated, guys.
darren123

Postby thegreatwaldo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi Darren
Just out of interest which controller are you running your uccnc with?
Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby darren123 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi Andrew,

the motion controller is a UC100, the jogger is an imach p2...all pretty standard straight out of the box set up I believe.

Cheers
Darren
darren123

Postby eabrust » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:26 pm

Verify you have the blue and green LED on your UC100 lighting up, perhaps its connection got accidentally unplugged.

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby dezsoe » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:57 pm

OK, we can declare that the problem is not network related. :)

Then you have some other problem. First check the device manager if the UC100 can be seen. If yes, then try with the UCxxx_utility in the Util folder to scan for the UC100. Maybe, you have a cable problem.
dezsoe

Postby darren123 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks Eric, I have a look for the lights and see if anything's come loose. This seems to fit with what dezsoe suggests (thanks dezsoe). I've got a few jobs to do away from the JBEC in the next day or so, but I'll definitely check out the UC100, so thanks for the tips. I'll post the results on Friday.

As an aside, isn't this a fantastic forum? I'm really grateful for everyone's input as I'm totally self taught in every aspect of UCCNC and Vectric and I've got so much more to learn. Brilliant stuff
darren123

Postby darren123 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Well, no luck with the UC100...not blue light at all, green light fine. Did as dezsoe suggested and looked to see if UC100 shows up in device manager and it isn't showing up. I'm guessing if the green light is on then that rules out a cable issue.
Checked that the USB drivers in the UCCNC files are up to date (they are) but still nothing.
I'd really appreciate some tips as I really can't think of a reason why it would suddenly just stop working
Thanks in advance
Darren
darren123

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here