UCCNC slowing on each node

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: UCCNC slowing on each node

Postby NikolayUA24 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:44 am

Tulnukas wrote:ok thanks, i mainly need 2d cuts and time to time i cut 2.5d
So yeah, i just cant find something else for 2d cam software.

I can share with you quietly so that no one knows. :D ArtCAM_2008_SP5
I use Google Translator.
NikolayUA24

Postby ger21 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:59 am

In Aspire, use the tool to fit arcs to curves, then create your g-code.

Also, increasing acceleration can help, if your machine is capable of accelerating faster.

Increase the Error Tolerances from 0.03 to 0.5, and see if that helps.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Tulnukas » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:35 pm

ger21 wrote:In Aspire, use the tool to fit arcs to curves, then create your g-code.

Also, increasing acceleration can help, if your machine is capable of accelerating faster.

Increase the Error Tolerances from 0.03 to 0.5, and see if that helps.

I will give it a try :) Does this error tolerance mean that some cuts might be out of measure?
Tulnukas

Postby Tulnukas » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:32 pm

I now have tried different post processors and cam software, but this slowing speed occurs with every option. I found out that linuxcnc or wincnc postprocessors are bit smoother or even faster. But im sure its something to do with uccnc settings. So i dont know anymore what to do. Do i need to change my stepper driver settings? Maybe change driver resolution? Or any other ideas?

Thanks!
Tulnukas

Postby Tulnukas » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Oh well, i got it working smoothly, but the thing is that with other software. I now tried with UCCNC, Mach3 and Mach4. Out of the box Mach4 works so perfectly, that it seems weird :D I saw somewhere that Mach4 does not have same CV settings anymore as in Mach3. I used ArtCam2018 with .tap format. When i used same file with mach3 or uccnc, it was jerky like allways. Im not sure why, but i just cant figure it out. When i cant get it to work, i will invest 200usd to Mach4 because it works with uc400eth perfectly :)
Tulnukas

Postby cncdrive » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:37 pm

I have described this several times, but will do it once more now.

MAch3/4 does not have path deviation control which means that you cannot even define how much error the software can make on the toolpath.
So, MAch3/4 will round corners and cut details off the path like how it feels it will be fine, you cannot tell the software how to do it.
This might be fine for some type of jobs, but it is not good when you doing precise jobs and also not good when doing highspeed 3D works which has high level of toolpath details.

With the UCCNC you have the control over the toolpath error. Ofcourse if you setting the error low and your toolpath is complex with lots of direction changes then the software will make that slower than MAch3/4 because it will keep the path error low because you set it low, so the job will be slower than with Mach, but it will be more precise. If you setting the path tolerance high then the UCCNC could finish the job even faster than Mach3/4, but ofcourse the details on the toolpath will be not that nice, because you allowed the software to erase details of the path in order to make the job faster.

Another thing is that the MAch3 trajectory planner is buggy, it often overaccelerates/deccelerates your acceleration setting.
We measured 2 times higher acceleration/decceleration peaks with avarage settings and up to 8 times higher with non avarage settings when the axes velocities and accelerations differed much, then this bug show itself with much higher values.
This means that if you studied and learnt what the max. acceleration settings which your axes can handle using MAch3 then 2 times than that acceleration will be still safe with the UCCNC, because the UCCNC does not do that buggy overacceleration.
This means that with the higher acceleration setting your machine will make the job much faster (even if the same level of path erros are made) than how it can be done with Mach3.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Tulnukas » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:26 am

Ok, it seems like mach4 is so bad compared to uccnc. But how is that most of industrial companies are using it. Problem is that i would like to use my uccnc software, but its not normal if cnc will stop after every arc on the node. I have acceleration 200 with speed 6000mm/min. But i just cant get it running smoothly. Mach4 did not fly around, it was still slowing on corners and curves, but it was not jerky.
Tulnukas

Postby Tulnukas » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 am

Im sry if i sound little angry, but i have this issue for a while and i need solution. I ordered new nema23 closed loop steppers and drivers, so this problem will be no longer because of that. I have aluminium extrusion frame and original 20mm hiwin rails, with 1605 ballscrews. Mostly i cut hardwood with speeds 1500-3000mm/min. What should be my settings then?

Thanks!
Tulnukas

Postby cncdrive » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Mach4 do it because it rounds connection points and corners as it wants, so you can have no idea how precise the path will be which is really bad in CNC control where everything is about part precision and tolerances.
If you loosen up your CV settings in the UCCNC then it will also not stop, but will make the same awful job (low tolerances) like Mach4.

I don't know what industrial companies using Mach4, so I cannot reflect to that.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Tulnukas » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Ok, i understand how it works now, but the problem is, i have raised settings with no change :( Maybe its because postprocessor? What postprocessor should i use? Is there any update in some recommended postprocessor code? I just want to get over this problem :(
Tulnukas

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here