Add Windows PC to UC400ETH network

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Add Windows PC to UC400ETH network

Postby dhanger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi--

I didn't find any posts that address my question specifically so I need to start a new thread.

I currently have a Win10 PC with UCCNC v.1.211 and a UC400ETH, using a direct ethernet patch cable, allowing Win10 to take care of the crossover. I set it up exactly as described in the UC400 manual, this configuration has worked flawlessly for about 2 years. The Win10 PC also has a wifi adapter along with the ethernet adapter and connects to the internet by wifi. My CAM PC is on the wifi router and does not connect directly with the UCCNC host PC; I use Google Drive to transfer my posted files from CAM to UCCNC.

I need to make a new configuration. I plan to use an old wifi router configured as a switch only and have the UCCNC PC (Win10) and the CAM PC (Win7) on the same network through the router/switch, I will not be connecting either of these PC's to internet, I intend to send posted files from CAM to UCCNC directly over ethernet.

I've worked my way through some minor network setups over the years but don't consider myself able to troubleshoot very well if something doesn't work. I would appreciate it if someone can walk me through what steps I need to do to get this working. I have a general idea of setting up the router with DHCP and having the 2 PC's talk to each other using a different network from the UC400<>UCCNC network, but just not really sure how to go about this.

Thanks,
Dan
dhanger

Re: Add Windows PC to UC400ETH network

Postby dhanger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Update-instead of using the wifi router as switch I will be using a simple network switch in place of it, so no additional router configurations to do.
dhanger

Re: Add Windows PC to UC400ETH network

Postby dhanger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Resolved.
dhanger

Return to Ask a question from support here