Pc doing strange things

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Pc doing strange things

Postby b57378 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi all, hope all is well.

I have two machines running on two separate mini Intel computers. (fresh installed pc)

The older machine has been running for quite some time with no problems.

The new one however has been having issues, when running uccnc, it starts to run very sluggish and becomes very unresponsive, I can't go back to zero or cycle start.

When I jog axes it starts to lag and delay movement.

Some times it runs fine sometimes it does not.

I thought this was a windows problem so I installed updates since this pc was brand new out the box. Still no luck.

On both computers I'm running the latest version of uccnc v2. 111.

Both computers are admittedly out of spec - 4gb ram, 1.1ghz cpu, windows 10 but what is driving me crazy is both computers were purchased at the same time ( exact same model) and the one has been running flawlessly for months, the other pc started this problem straight out of the box.

I have nothing but uccnc installed on both and make an effort to make sure power settings don't turn off anything important in device manager, as well as Turning off anti - virus software.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
b57378

Re: Pc doing strange things

Postby cncdrive » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:23 pm

It might be overheating problem, if you have the same 2 computers and same UCCNC version installed on them.
I would check the CPU and videocards coolings.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Pc doing strange things

Postby b57378 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi, thank you for the reply.

It is a mini Intel computer with passive cooling, no fan.

Could a slightly underspecced computer cause something like this? It happens fairly often, sometimes when opening uccnc for the first time on power on.
b57378

Return to Ask a question from support here