Error installing UCCNC 1.2112

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Error installing UCCNC 1.2112

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:03 pm

shad wrote:We have some time same problem.
The problem is with the configuration of the network environment.
1. Turn off DHCP in the configuration utility.
if not help:
2. connect UC controller directly to the Ethernet port on the CNC PC motherboard and start UCCNC.
if not help:
3. Check - in Task Manager - some time UCCNC is not closed properly and halting in the tasks. Close halted UCCNC task.

Thank you. Unfortunately, this is not suitable for me.

1. I already use fixed IP addresses for the UC300ETH and the ETH to RS485 converter.
2. Can't do that and it should not be necessary. I want to go through the switch so that I can use more than one PC (not at the same time of course) and also not interested in having three Ethernet cards in my PC. Would not be a very nice solution.
3. When the PC is just started it is definitely not running. Also, uninstalling and installing again and again creates the same problem. Never the less, I will have a look next time and see if killing it manually is necessary or if that would solve the problem.

Anyway, when I start 1.2049 it updates the firmware and starts without issues in exactly the same environment.
A_Camera

Sorry, I have problems installing UCCNC 1.2111

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:41 pm

I am sorry guys, I just noticed I was giving you false information. I have issues with version 1.2111 which is the formal release, not 1.2112 which is a test release. Sorry for confusing the two, just noticed the mistake. Never the less, the problem description is as I have written before.
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Regarding 50 versions of UCCNC... I'd welcome some sort of version history of the official releases in some document, what's changed between releases and what is the release date. I haven't done any update since 1.2049, and also have no idea when 1.2112 was released. As far as I can see, no dates or history is listed anywhere in the manual or on the download page. The fact that the latest version is not working for me is no big deal, as long as there is no serious error in 1.2049 which was corrected in later versions, but I don't know how to check that.

You can read through the development releases change logs between the 2 versions: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240&start=50
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:17 pm

cncdrive wrote:
Regarding 50 versions of UCCNC... I'd welcome some sort of version history of the official releases in some document, what's changed between releases and what is the release date. I haven't done any update since 1.2049, and also have no idea when 1.2112 was released. As far as I can see, no dates or history is listed anywhere in the manual or on the download page. The fact that the latest version is not working for me is no big deal, as long as there is no serious error in 1.2049 which was corrected in later versions, but I don't know how to check that.

You can read through the development releases change logs between the 2 versions: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240&start=50

OK, thanks, but isn't that only for the test releases? I could also not find 1.2049 and was thinking why not at least have a date in the manual? ...just an idea. ;)
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:39 pm

The date of the posts in the linked log thread is the date of release. :)
But yes, it is a good idea to place a date in the manual.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:10 pm

A_Camera wrote:1. I already use fixed IP addresses for the UC300ETH and the ETH to RS485 converter.

I mean turn off DHCP mode of the UCCNC controller using UCxxx_utility
Some time it's help.
I agree with the fact that this problem occurs in the latest releases. 1.2049 version has never had such problems.
In last year we installed around 100 plasma CNC based on UCCNC and ~8 machines has this problem. Moreover, in hardware they were practically no different :)
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Thank you for the help

Postby A_Camera » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:35 pm

shad wrote:
A_Camera wrote:1. I already use fixed IP addresses for the UC300ETH and the ETH to RS485 converter.

I mean turn off DHCP mode of the UCCNC controller using UCxxx_utility
Some time it's help.
I agree with the fact that this problem occurs in the latest releases. 1.2049 version has never had such problems.
In last year we installed around 100 plasma CNC based on UCCNC and ~8 machines has this problem. Moreover, in hardware they were practically no different :)

Now it works. I unchecked DHCP in the utility, just as you said, saved the network settings and now it works. I even did a rollback to 1.2049, it fired up after firmware change and worked as before. After that, I started 1.2111 again and the same thing, firmware update and everything seems to be fine. Didn't test the spindle but I have no reason that it would cause problems because that is controlled through Modbus and my macros and I believe they will be fine. Anyway, right now I can't test run the CNC, but will do that as soon as possible.

I have never experienced this before, but I must remember to disable DHCP for the next time if it happens again in a new release. Anyway, now it is working as it did before, so thanks for the help.
A_Camera

Postby dezsoe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Now that you wrote this I remember something. If you reenable DHCP then it will still work: the key was changing and saving the network settings. (If I can recall. :))
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:50 am

dezsoe wrote:Now that you wrote this I remember something. If you reenable DHCP then it will still work: the key was changing and saving the network settings. (If I can recall. :))

OK, thanks. I don't really need DHCP, but it is good to know.

Anyway, thank you for the help, and sorry about the confusion with the version number. I don't know if the issue is the same with 1.2112, since I installed 1.2111.
A_Camera

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here