AXBB-E + UCCNC + Probe problem

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

AXBB-E + UCCNC + Probe problem

Postby peter_tash » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:33 am

Hi guys. I Just switched from mach3 and Chinese MK6-V to AXBB-E and UCCNC. I its easy to feel the amazing difference in the way the machine preforms. I will write a lot about that but for now I have an urgent need to know something. Why cannot connect my probe? I put the wires of the probe in I3+ and I3-; I put the information in the UCCNC software, that the probe is connected to port2 pin3; save and try to close the probe. I get nothing on the diagnostics screen. Do not know what am I doing wrong. I wired all the homes to pin1 port2; On pin2 port2 i put e-stop.
I use the same probe on other machine with mach3. Anyway I checked it and it works, so it is not a problem of the button or of the wires. Later I will post picks of my screen and of my controller. I hope someone can help me...
peter_tash

Re: AXBB-E + UCCNC + Probe problem

Postby dezsoe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 am

On the AXBB you have to connect 24V to the inputs. E.g. you connect 24V+ to I1+, I1- to your probe and 24V- to the workpiece. See the AXBB manual for other examples.
dezsoe

Postby peter_tash » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:10 am

I am using an end/limit switch to touch the material and closes. So I connect the two cables to the switch and put them in i3- and i3+. I understand that I am making some kind of mistake.

I read the manual and maybe do not understand something correctly. Sorry for the stupid questions but I try my best to understand.

Edit: Oh my god. I think I understand.
Last edited by peter_tash on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
peter_tash

Postby dezsoe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 am

OK, then you have the 2 cables from the switch: connect 24V+ to I1+, I1- to one of the cables and 24V- to the other.
dezsoe

Postby peter_tash » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:45 am

It is connected and ready to try to digitize. I will post my results soon.
Do I have to use autoleveller as a standalone software or is it usable as plugin now?
I use the probe for surface scanning and project my toolpaths on the interpolated surface.
peter_tash

Postby dezsoe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:56 am

You can use both the plugin and the external Autoleveller. The plugin has some improvements, like you can save the digitized data for later use. (I'm not familiar with the plugin, because I use an external version which I customized for my usage.)
dezsoe

Postby peter_tash » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Ok. But I ran in new problem.
First the machines does not want to execute g31. I write g31z-30f60. And nothing happens.
Second I tried the external autoleveller and it did not asked me for a file name. Also I tried it in the air and all I get is the machine going to the points and only stops at them and goes to the other. Without lowering the Z axis down to search for contact point.
Third I tried with the autoleveller plugin but i does not let me send the file to UCCNC.
Sorry for the tons of questions, but I really am happy with UCCNC and want to make it work and not go back to other controller software.
peter_tash

Postby dezsoe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:30 pm

Did you set the probe input? What is your Z coordinate when you apply G31 Z-30? If it is already -30 then it will not move.

The external Autoleveller, which I know, doesn't ask for a file name, it saves to "AL<original name>". About the plugin you can ask the developer in the Autoleveller plugin topic.
dezsoe

Postby peter_tash » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 am

I connect the probe to pin3 as you described. +I3 +24V, -I3 probe cable1, -24 probe cable2. When I put the g31z-30f60 code the z axis is zeroed and it starts from zero so it is not -30. When I press the g31 command a few time one after another the Z axis goes down from 0.07 to 0.2mm. I also tried to connect it to +5V, -5V. Nothing changed.
The probe is connected properly because when I press the button, I see that the green led on port2 pin3, lights up. When I let go it goes black again.

I have not touched the probe tool screen. DO I have to do something there?
From mach3 I am used to do the g31 to get the zero Z. Than with externall autoleveller I make the pfg and start scanning. The pfg uses m40 to open a window so you can put a file name for the probed surface file. Than m41 closes the file and stores the coordinates for the XYZ axis.
peter_tash

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:35 am

If you get only a little movement then I think, you didn't set the probe input on the I/O settings page. If you have the probe pin configured then on the Diagnostics page where you verify the input pin, you also have to see the "Probe" LED to light in the I/O function monitor section. It has to light up when you press the sensor.

M40 works here too, but you have to set the file name on the Digitize page before you start.
dezsoe

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here