spindle brake

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: spindle brake

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Maybe CNCDrive need to speak up.

No point in having M3, M4 and M5 editable macros if they are not used when "M3", "M4" and "M5" are called from Gcode / MDI

for the avoidance of doubt and rumor :roll:

yes there are other ways to turn the spindle on + off (such as calling DospinCW() / DospinCCW() / Stopspin() which will not be called be either gcode or MDI but maybe a poor macro / plugin which would be better written as exec.Code("M3") or exec.Codesync("M3") which will then correctly call the actual "M3" etc macros and not just control the spindle directly....
Robertspark

Postby Vmax549 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Robert there are times it is a GOOD idea to use teh M3 macros to start the spindle and there are times it is NOT a good idea to use teh M3 macro to start teh spindle.

I will leave it to you to figure out when and why.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Vmax549 wrote:Robert there are times it is a GOOD idea to use teh M3 macros to start the spindle and there are times it is NOT a good idea to use teh M3 macro to start teh spindle.

(;-) TP

Thanks, but I don't have a need to know when and why.

I see you're sharing some of that knowledge of yours again just enough to keep everyone guessing but not enough to have any substance.... some things never change
Robertspark

Postby dhanger » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Vmax549 wrote:Robert there are times it is a GOOD idea to use teh M3 macros to start the spindle and there are times it is NOT a good idea to use teh M3 macro to start teh spindle.

(;-) TP

Why does this need to be a mystery?
dhanger

Postby Vmax549 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Robert, " Thanks, but I don't have a need to know when and why."

Actually you DO need to know when you are creating special functions for users and you do not know teh ramifications of what you created for them. Did you actually test the macro mods in a real situation to see IF there are any Dragons hiding in teh code? With great power comes great responcibility.

Dhanger, it is not a great mystery . Just the way things work in UCCNC some times.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Vmax549 wrote:Robert, " Thanks, but I don't have a need to know when and why."

Actually you DO need to know when you are creating special functions for users and you do not know teh ramifications of what you created for them. Did you actually test the macro mods in a real situation to see IF there are any Dragons hiding in teh code? With great power comes great responcibility.

Dhanger, it is not a great mystery . Just the way things work in UCCNC some times.

(;-) TP

So we all stay silent.... don't help anyone out and keep ourselves to ourselves....

Still no substance in your post.

share the knowledge!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Vmax549 wrote:.... Dragons hiding in teh code?.....

its sometimes best to accept that there will always be "dragons" everywhere... but on the pareto principle they are likely to be infrequent at worst

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
In computing
In computer science the Pareto principle can be applied to optimization efforts.[13] For example, Microsoft noted that by fixing the top 20% of the most-reported bugs, 80% of the related errors and crashes in a given system would be eliminated.[14] Lowell Arthur expressed that "20 percent of the code has 80 percent of the errors. Find them, fix them!"[15] It was also discovered that in general the 80% of a certain piece of software can be written in 20% of the total allocated time. Conversely, the hardest 20% of the code takes 80% of the time. This factor is usually a part of COCOMO estimating for software coding.

Not point worrying about every little thing.... try it out and give it a go and see where it gets you...

If you know something.... share it...
Robertspark

Postby Vmax549 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Sorry Robert I do not live my life from one of your "WIKI" quotes. I live in teh real world. Instead of me sharing with you what I learned through hard work. You should put forth a little elbow grease and figure it out for yourself.

I did in good faith give you a little heads up advice about your macro solution but I see you do not appreciate the info. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

good luck with your life in the real world, I enjoy my fools paradise :D

I'd welcome your advice it just always comes without substance.....

as I've always said this is just a hobby for me and so shall it remain until the day job stops paying.

I've never charged anyone and my advice tips etc always come free without cost or warrantee.. do what you wish with them..... no elbow grease required on my side as I target no reward other than to learn something. and I disseminate what I pick up freely.

maybe the OP should hire you to do his coding.... ohh maybe that's what it's all about.... you want payment? :lol:

just a though ;)

another quote for you from my fools paradise or virtual reality
haha that link didn't work... well it was funny for me!

come on Terry tell me when one would like to turn on the spindle without using m3 or m4?

or are you referring to when you hit the reset and the spindle stops but the brake does not engage?..

you see I like those tiny rat droppings of wisdom from you that fail to say anything but give .... just a thought ;)
Last edited by Robertspark on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 pm

double post
Robertspark

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here