Stable version bug fixes

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Stable version bug fixes

Postby Vmax549 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:09 am

I was asked a question today that I did not have an answer for. So I will ask it here.

WHY is it taking so long for teh stable version to be updated with bug fixes. It has been a year ?? since the last update.

It seems there have been quite a few fixes but no updates.

Just a thought, (;-)TP
Vmax549

Re: Stable version bug fixes

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am

We working on making the development release official asap (now we not adding new things, just fixing issues.), but you know that there were so many things added in the last year ... and this caused lots of issues to be fixed and so we still could not reach a fully stable version.
There are only minor issues left, but we don't want to lock down a version to official release with any known issues and so we still working on fixing a few things.
A new test release will go out soon and hopefully that will be bugless, but then again we will have to wait a few weeks to let people test to see if they find any more issues.
So, yes, creating lockdown versions is time consuming, especially because now so many people are using the software that they find even the smallest problems.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Stable version bug fixes

Postby Vmax549 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:22 pm

I do understand what you are saying BUT that means to remain with the recomended stable version the OP that has a bug has waited over a year to get a fix and still does not have it.

Normally bug fixes are update ASAP. While new features are added in as they become stable.

Just a thought , (;-) TP
Vmax549

Return to Ask a question from support here