Large Gouge in 3d finishing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Large Gouge in 3d finishing

Postby infamous_panda » Wed May 01, 2019 3:41 pm

ger21 wrote:Have you tried UCCNC 1.2049?

I just tried installing it. both with and without replacing the existing macros / profiles. Some odd reason the program will not start. Clicking on the short or executable results in a slight pause where the pc is processing, but it does not actually launch the software.

Switching back to 1.2109 and its fine again....Is this indicative of something?
infamous_panda

Postby cncdrive » Wed May 01, 2019 3:49 pm

Anyways, I just got home and ran your code and your issue is very likely the too high tolerance settings. Try my suggestion of lowering the CV tolerance parameters, it should fix your issue.

The older version can't run for you, because you installed it over the test release without uninstalling the new release and so the app config file is still there, because the old release does not have an app config file as it is running with older .net framework, so it will not remove and will not overwrite the app config file and so the app config file will make the old version to fail to run.
Manually delete the UCCNC.exe.config file and then the older release will run. Or install it into a different folder or uninstall the test release first (that removes the app config file) and then install the old version.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby infamous_panda » Wed May 01, 2019 4:00 pm

cncdrive wrote:What are your CV path tolerance settings BTW? (General settings/Constant velicity parameters)
I'm asking this, because your code seems to be low coordinates values, so it seems to be inches, so maybe your tolerances are so high compared to the coordinates that it causes these visible path errors.
For Linear error max. and Corner error max. try 0.001 is your units are inches. (Which seems to be from your g-code.)

Thank you, This seems to have done the trick. My settings were 0.03 I believe. I had originally run the import settings from Mach3, maybe there is no equivalent to this?
infamous_panda

Postby cncdrive » Wed May 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Mach3 has no settings like that (so they can't be imported), Mach3 has no path tolerance control at all, it's trajectory planner is a toy compared to what is in the UCCNC.
And so in mach3 you can only imagine the tolerances the software will do on the path while in the UCCNC you can set them exactly to your job needs.
BTW in version 1.2109 you could select inches as main units in the installer exactly for this reason, because if you do then these settings are matched better for inches. In other words if you select inches in the installation process then 25 times lower tolerances are installed into the profile file to support inch units, because they are 25.4 times larger than millimeters.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby infamous_panda » Wed May 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Good to know. I'm stuck on inches unfortunately... Are there other settings that would not have been imported I should look at that I may have a default value intended for mm.
infamous_panda

Postby ger21 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:24 pm

UCCNC is NOT Mach3, so you should go through all of the screen pages and make sure everything is setup correctly.
Importing the xml is OK for motors, and some switches, but it's not going to setup everything.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here