Homing

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Homing

Postby davida1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:00 am

Hi and thank you for your help.

I am using proximity sensors on my machine. It has an indicator light. Picture below.

I am also using Gerry's 2017 screen set.

When the machine homes, it stops where it activates the sensor but does not move back to "clear" the sensor. In other words, even though the screen shows the axis has homed, the "on" light on the sensor stays on because the machine does not back off of the sensor and that prohibits the other axis to home.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting where I can adjust the back-off amount?

Thank you,
David

IMG_7907.jpg
davida1234

Re: Homing

Postby cncdrive » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:09 am

In the official releases there is no back off amount.
In the latest few test releases there is back off distance settings on the axes setup pages.

However you do not need a back off distance to make the axis move off the switch when homing.
The controller automatically moves the axis off the switch.
If it does not move off the switch then you likely to have the home input polarity setup incorrectly, in reverse.
When the axis is off the switch then check the diagnostics page and verify that the home LED is off, if not then you have it's polarity in reverse, then reverse it and do not forget to Apply the settings.
You will then also have to change the homing direction, because what happened because of the reversed polarity of the home input is that when you started homing with off the switch then the software thought that you are already on the switch and so it started moving off the switch, it just thought it is moving off the switch. And so this means that the homing movement direction is reversed also.
It is hard to describe, but I hope you understand what I'm saying...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby davida1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:52 am

I will try and report back. Thank you.
davida1234

Postby davida1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:28 pm

It was exactly as you described. Everything works now.

Thank you.
davida1234

Postby ger21 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Learn something new every day. :)
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Ask a question from support here