Probe Screen Help

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Probe Screen Help

Postby CL_MotoTech » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Is there manual with instruction for the probe screens? I have looked but the manual I keep coming across still has the old digitizing info, nothing on the news tabs. It seems like an amazing addition and I've been tinkering with it, but before I go start crashing probes I should at least read up on it.
CL_MotoTech

Postby dezsoe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:33 pm

Press the i button on the probe screen.
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:32 pm

dezsoe wrote:Press the i button on the probe screen.

Or look at Probe_help.mht in the Documentation folder.
(Both open the same help file)
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby CL_MotoTech » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Thanks, dudes.

Since I generally bone up one these things while not at the controller I guess I'll have to save the .mht file and read it. On Mac is it possible to open that file type in Chrome or something?
CL_MotoTech

Postby CL_MotoTech » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I printed the probe help to PDF. This made it so I can read it on devices without Internet Explorer or UCCNC.
Attachments
C__UCCNC_Documentation_Probe_help.pdf
(517.62 KiB) Downloaded 942 times
CL_MotoTech

Postby gabi68 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem like jsim8909 (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1891&hilit=probing+stock&start=10). I use probing screen (ver 1.2108). Normally i use the probe tool (first tab) to set my Z axis, after that use outer rectangle (tab 3). Because the first probing routine does not position the z axis at the set distance the next routine fails also (the probe does not touch the side of the stock, because the wrong Z distance).
I have the Z axis routine set to 5mm and the outer rectangle routine set tp -3mm, both on double probing wit 150mm/min (fast) and 50mm/min (slow).
When I probe the Z axis my machine does the fast probe and retract 5 mm then it does the slow routine retract 5 mm stay a bit the move up again with some distance.
What I want is to set Z axis - up 5 mm - use the outer rectangle routine with a down of -8mm to catch the side of the stock.
With the actual routined is not possible. I think there is a workaround, but that add time when you probing.
I did some tests and on the diagnostic tab I can see the led lights on the first (fast), but not on the second (slow) probing routine.
Editing M31 macro (remove or zero the Z axis compensation) does not do anything...

What do I need to do to make it work as it should?

Thank you
Gabi
gabi68

Postby dezsoe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi Gabi,

I tried to understand your problem, but I'm not sure I did, so I write some infos that may help you.

- The probe screen does not use the M31 macro. The M31 is used when you press the probe tool button on the RUN page.
- When you probe a tool on the probe screen the tool will go back to the original position after probing.
- The retract value is used between the fast and the fine probe if retract is enabled.
- The outer probe routines move the clearance axis by the given C value relative to its starting position, so the axis has to be less than C away from the surface.

All the movements are written detailed in the probe help file. Press the info button to read it.
dezsoe

Postby Delco » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:03 am

I am only getting a home machine error , I have homed all axis then moved to where I want to probe and get nothing.

I can only get the z to probe on the main screen but not retract or set zero.
On the probe screen I dont seem to get any action at all.

Has anyone done a you tube video of the probe screen functions
Attachments
uccnc probe.png
Delco

Postby laki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:56 am

You need to do the home sequence of all active axes.
For example, if you have active slave axis A, and for it you do not have a home / limit switch, set the pin and port to 0 for A axis and include the axis in the home sequence.
Home sequence X + Y + Z + A
Link
https://youtu.be/TWYl_c2oUNE
laki

Postby gabi68 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 am

dezsoe wrote:Hi Gabi,

I tried to understand your problem, but I'm not sure I did, so I write some infos that may help you.

- The probe screen does not use the M31 macro. The M31 is used when you press the probe tool button on the RUN page.
- When you probe a tool on the probe screen the tool will go back to the original position after probing.
- The retract value is used between the fast and the fine probe if retract is enabled.
- The outer probe routines move the clearance axis by the given C value relative to its starting position, so the axis has to be less than C away from the surface.

All the movements are written detailed in the probe help file. Press the info button to read it.

Hi,

Sorry for the M31 comments. I know is nothing to do with the probing routines (it was late and brain was off).
I need to have a this steps:
- position machine roughly on the centre and above of the stock;
- probe Z axis (first tab);
- use any other routines.
To have a Z axis probed and lifted accurately can be achieved if you will give access to Clearance C field on the probe tool. Entering a positive value there and with the appropriate coding will send the machine to a accurate and known distance which can be used with the rest of routines.
What I mean by this is:
- position machine roughly on the centre and above of the stock;
- probe Z axis (first tab) fast and slow;
- lift the Z axis (by the number from Clearance C field, let say plus 7 mm);
- use the outer probing routine - go right side of stock, Z axis down (by the number from Clearance C field, let say minus 9mm) - probe (fast and slow) ;
- lift the Z axis by first C filed (plus 7 mm);
- go on the left side of the stock - probe with minus 9 mm Z axis and so on

Hope this is clear enough and can be implemented easily.

Gabi
gabi68

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here