extremely slow z feed rate

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: extremely slow z feed rate

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:45 pm

And this reminds me to the joke: The Russians and the Americans develop their first computers and they make a race. They put in the equation 2+2. The American computer is thinking for about a full minute and then says the result is 4.
The Russian puts out the result in a second and it says the result is 5. The jury questions the Russians about the wrong result and their answer is: But it was fast isn't it. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: extremely slow z feed rate

Postby jsim8909 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:51 am

I have downloaded and install the latest version. every version with 1.20 .. I have used crash loading more then 80mb files. The 1.21.. or 2100 versions load larger files. And I've had some people Seem to think files of this size are over kill. I don't understand how anyone can mill a relief of quality at any normal size with less. My largest work tops out at 550x 300y and 100z mm. I know people that us my step over settings on 4'x8' plywood gigs of file loaded. 1.2047 and 1.2049 crash with 80-100 or so mb loaded. I've watched task manger loading my 32 gig ram machine to 4 gig and program not responding. I'm not sure what the difference is but there definitely is. I will produce video live feed if needed.

My issue is it's great software at an excellent price, but even with stable version, I just can't get all the functions to work in 1 installation. Excluding plug and added macros. Just the advertised stuff at once.
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans!
jsim8909

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here