UCR 201 intefering with macros?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UCR 201 intefering with macros?

Postby ger21 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 pm

A customer using my 2017 screenset is having an issue with the Auto Zero macro in the screenset.
The macro was working fine, but after installing the UCR201 plugin, the macro drives the Z axis up until it hits the limit.

Is there some way that the plugin is interfering with the macro?

The macro # is 20522, if that matters. Macro attached below.
Attachments
M20522.txt
(15.24 KiB) Downloaded 792 times
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: UCR 201 intefering with macros?

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi Gerry,

I was thinking, but have no idea yet about how could the UCR201 plugin cause such problem.
Are you sure that your customer's observation is correct? Is the issue reproducable and if yes then how exactly?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:33 am

cncdrive wrote:Hi Gerry,

I was thinking, but have no idea yet about how could the UCR201 plugin cause such problem.
Are you sure that your customer's observation is correct? Is the issue reproducable and if yes then how exactly?

I can't be sure, as I haven't seen it myself, but he says if he disables the plugin, then macro then works fine.
Hopefully he'll post more info here.
Gerry
ger21

Postby RhemaG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

OK, chiming in here. I tried many things all day long yesterday in an attempt to figure out the conflict to no avail. When I tried the Auto Zero initialize in the 2017 Screenset it did crazy things in the process. The first time and several times after it would go through the normal process on the moveable touch plate then move to the fixed touch plate and run down at a very fast rate driving the bit into the plate. (Broke a bit the first time and have been testing with the shaft of the broken bit and hand on the ready for e-stop since with the exception of one time). After a while of testing and trying to figure things out (had to restart the software after each incident), it then decided to run the Z Axis in the positive direction very quickly reaching the limit and setting off an error. Restarted the software again to reset everything and it did this a couple of times more before I contacted Gerry.

Tried again and this time it ran quickly in the "+" direction nearly running the Z Axis completely out of the gantry before I could hit the e-stop. Restarted and tried again this time with my hand at the ready with the e-stop and it repeated the same. I restarted again and this time it would proceed in a seemingly normal fashion on the first probe and backed off normally then stopped giving a probe activated error. (Don't know how to post pics so I wasn't able to post a screen shot).

This morning I came out to the shop and tried again, same action and error as mentioned last. I restarted the software after creating a new folder into which I could move the Plasma profile and one other New profile I had created in my troubleshooting excursions. This left only the UCCNC Default profile and my 2017 Screenset profile I had copied from v 1.2047. (All this issue has taken place in v 1.2049 and did the same in 1.2047 when I tested the UCR201 plugin driver in there as well.) After moving the profiles I mentioned I restarted the software again, ran the Auto Zero initialize in 2017 Screenset, and with the UCR201 plugin enabled, and the Auto Zero initialize procedure worked normally!!!

However, out of curiosity I restarted v 1.2049 again and ran through the normal steps for Auto Zero initialize and when I started the initialize procedure this time it did nothing but give an error that says "First Probing move has completed without triggering input. Verify First Probe Distance Setting, and make sure probe input is functioning." I had received this error a few times yesterday as well.

(NOTE: For some reason 1.2049 will not default to my profile when I restart even though I set it up to do so. I also installed v 1.2108 to test all this in there and it too had the same issues. The other profile I mentioned earlier that I moved to a different folder so it wouldn't interfere with testing had the same issue. In addition, when I disable the UCR201 plugin and use the old cheapo corded MACH 3 MPG i got from Amazon which consists of buttons only and no hand wheel, all functions normally. I have each version of UCCNC installed in their own folders so as not to interfere with the other and each functions fine with the corded Mach 3 cheapo.)

I'd sure like to figure this "anomaly" out as the reason I purchased the UCR201 is to be able to function with the wireless MPG (and the 2017 Screenset) and not have to drag a cord around a moving machine. All help offered in troubleshooting this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Bill
RhemaG

Postby ger21 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:33 pm

After moving the profiles I mentioned I restarted the software again, ran the Auto Zero initialize in 2017 Screenset, and with the UCR201 plugin enabled, and the Auto Zero initialize procedure worked normally!!!

However, out of curiosity I restarted v 1.2049 again and ran through the normal steps for Auto Zero initialize and when I started the initialize procedure this time it did nothing but give an error that says "First Probing move has completed without triggering input. Verify First Probe Distance Setting, and make sure probe input is functioning." I had received this error a few times yesterday as well.

It sounds like it's using a different profile. That message is from the Auto Zero Initialize macro. I'm thinking if it's the wrong profile, without the 2017 settings, you'll get that error.
The fact that it worked once would lead me to believe that it's not the pendant plugin causing the issues.

Does your shortcut Target look like this:

C:\UCCNC\UCCNC.exe /p Profilename
Gerry
ger21

Postby RhemaG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:45 pm

ger21 wrote:
After moving the profiles I mentioned I restarted the software again, ran the Auto Zero initialize in 2017 Screenset, and with the UCR201 plugin enabled, and the Auto Zero initialize procedure worked normally!!!

It sounds like it's using a different profile. That message is from the Auto Zero Initialize macro. I'm thinking if it's the wrong profile, without the 2017 settings, you'll get that error.
The fact that it worked once would lead me to believe that it's not the pendant plugin causing the issues.

Does your shortcut Target look like this:

C:\UCCNC\UCCNC.exe /p Profilename

Not sure what "shortcut target" is but I looked for something that looks similar and found nothing even remotely like that layout.Are you referring to the Desktop Shortcut? If so I don't have one for my profile in v 1.2049 other than the one created by the software install which could be the default startup issue. However, I did have a custom profile I mentioned earlier that did have it's own startup icon on the desktop and had the same issues with the UCR201 even though it did startup in that profile.
RhemaG

Postby ger21 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:50 pm

If you don't have a desktop icon, it's always going to start with the default profile. I think that may be your problem.
Yes, the "Target" is from the desktop Shortcut.
I would recommend a clean install, then from within UCCNC, create a new profile with Desktop Shortcut, and then use that profile for the 2017 Screenset.
Gerry
ger21

Postby RhemaG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm

I'll give that a shot and report back Had already been considering that option as it's the only thing I haven't tried yet. Oh the digital ride! Things in life were so much simpler when I was a young man! :)
RhemaG

Postby RhemaG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:45 pm

OK, so I've been running multiple tests all morning and afternoon. Probably about two dozen or so times after uninstalling and doing a clean install of ver 1.2049 in its own folder. I've tested both the older ver 1.2047 and the newer ver 1.2049 with the Mach 3 wired very basic cheapo MPG (I'll try to post a pic of it below). It works like a dream in either version just as it has for the past year.

As for the UCR201 (which I purchased through Automation Technology, Inc. here in the US, a very reliable supplier BTW), I obviously can't test it in 1.2047 but in 1.2049 after the clean install it worked on the Auto Zero Initialize function in the 2017 Screenset about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it did all the crazy stuff I described in my first post. Of the times I did the Auto Zero Initialize (AZI) successfully, if I went back to the moveable plate and tried to do a simple Auto Zero, it drove into the plate quick and hard, or simply gave me an error (sometimes a stack of errors). Of the times the AZI process did not function correctly it either did hard erratic moves, or soft moves with errors halting the Macro, or simply errors. All these with no specific pattern. It also did not make a difference whether I used the UCR201 to initiate the AZI process, or the on screen buttons within the 2017 Screenset.

Question for CNC Drive, might I have received a corrupt driver in the sending unit of the MPG? Is it possible for you to send me another driver to test this possibility, if not publicly via PM or email? I really strongly suspect the issue is with either the MPG driver, or a macro conflict somewhere in whatever changes were made in 1.2049. I sure do want to get this UCR201 working correctly. At $160 compared to the cheap Amazon $49 unit I really do think it should work correctly. Please understand I'm not trying to be rude with that comment, I'm simply expressing an open and honest observation. :)

Here's a pic of the cheap unit that is working but is unfortunately limited to hard-wiring. Image

Thanks again for your assistance in advance,

BILL
RhemaG

Postby ger21 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Unfortunately, I think you're going to have to find a way to make it repeatable, for anyone to be able to find and fix the problem.
Gerry
ger21

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here