New Build -- Reset Logic Active // E-Stop not reading

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

New Build -- Reset Logic Active // E-Stop not reading

Postby jasoneule » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Hello all,

Just finished building my CNC...the project went on over multiple years little by little as I had time to build and fabricate. Now its complete and I can not get it to do anything! All the sudden I am in a rush...LOL

Long story short, the CNC is a 4 axis/motors X, Y, Z, A( slave of Y). It is running through a GeckoG540 Rev8 which I have used to power another machine in Mach3 years ago. I wanted to give UCCNC a go for this build, mainly for USB, so I ordered the UC100 and software. I am running 6 proximity sensors which read 5V until triggered then it goes to 0 volt. I have them set up as follows on the G540:

X-, X+ pin 1
Y+, Y- pin 2
z+ pin 3
A- pin 4

Prior to messing with the software I will able to confirm the G540 works, the charge pump would turn on (Green) when set to off position, and the E-Stop would turn it off (RED). So I hooked up the UC100 and installed the software and as best I know (not much) put the settings in accurately. I can not get it to stop prompting the "Reset Logic Active.." warning. I assumed something must be wrong with either my E-stop or G540...so I tested it.

A couple things of interest, as mentioned before the E-stop works on G540 as intended, but with the software running, whether I have E-stop pulled out or pushed in, there is no difference/ indication or otherwise. Its as if it does not exist. To trouble shoot this further I disconnected the UC100 from the G540 and turned it on with E-stop connected. Using a multimeter on pins 15 and 25 with the E-stop not engaged (pulled out) I got readings of .1 volt. When I triggered E-stop (pushed in) I got readings of 3.87 volt. So I can safely assume that it is in fact outputting from the G540 fine.

To sum it up... I need some guidance. Do my initial settings look accurate? Is this a software issue, or could the culprit be the new UC100 not reading the E-stop voltage?

Please advise, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

-Jason

image (1).png

image (2).png

image (3).png

image (4).png

image (5).png

image (6).png
jasoneule

Re: New Build -- Reset Logic Active // E-Stop not reading

Postby jasoneule » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 am

A picture of the machine

Screenshot_20190114-190402.jpg
jasoneule

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:27 am

Is the e-stop input pin state (virtual LED on the I/O monitor the input pin of the e-stop) always on the same state when you press in and when you release the e-stop button? And if yes is it always high or low?
I think the 3.87 Volts is too low for the UC100 input to trigger high. If I recall the trigger level is around 4Volts, but will check it later to be sure.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jasoneule » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am

I it sure if I am answering this as you need, but no, whether or not I have the e-stop pulled out(machine should be operational) or pushed in, uccnc does not change the status on the diagnostics screen. It stays green all the time. Should the estop light be green?

I have the estop setup up in I/O as active high, because when triggered its voltage is higher at 3.87v versus the,. 1v when closed. Is that correct?
jasoneule

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 am

When you toggle the e-stop it should change the state of the input pin 15 on the diagnostics page. Do the other inputs show any change when you manually trigger the limit switches?
dezsoe

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 am

Should the estop light be green?

Maybe. It depends on the logic of the Gecko. The important is that it should change its state. If you see the change then you can find out if it needs active low setting. If it lights green when an input is active then it is not active low.
dezsoe

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 am

Code: Select all
I it sure if I am answering this as you need, but no, whether or not I have the e-stop pulled out(machine should be operational) or pushed in, uccnc does not change the status on the diagnostics screen. It stays green all the time. Should the estop light be green?

I have the estop setup up in I/O as active high, because when triggered its voltage is higher at 3.87v versus the,. 1v when closed. Is that correct?

I'm asking about the virtual LED on the physical pin (in the I/O monitor of the diagnostics page).
For example if it is on pin 15. of the UC100 then that pin LED, if it changes state when you press and release the e-stop?
I'm asking for the pin and not the e-stop, because the e-stop could be missconfigured while the pin is always the pin.

Yes, the pin LED should change state when it is low or high, that shows that the UC100 and so the UCCNC see the signal changing, if is always on the same state means that the UC100 and the UCCNC does not see the signal changing, so then ofcourse it will not work.

The 1 Volts on low level also looks not OK, it is too high.

And yes, you configured the signal active high polarity correctly if the signal is high when the e-stop is pressed in.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jasoneule » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:19 pm

I will check on all this later tidy when I get home. To clarify, the estop when nc is at . 1volts, not 1 volt. Does that seem right?
jasoneule

Postby laki » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Do you have NPN or PNP proximity sensors?
Idealy you should have NPN proximity sensors
the G540 inputs only work with switches that can ground the input to the G540's common negative terminal

open collector PNP outputs can only pull the G540 input up to the sensors + supply

You could use a transistor and a resistor (or two) to convert the sensors output
PNP sensor plus NPN transistor.jpg

INPUTS: The G540 has four general purpose inputs called INPUT 1, INPUT 2, INPUT 3 and INPUT 4 on the MAIN TERMINAL BLOCK. They are at POSITION 1, POSITION 2, POSITION 3 and POSITION 4 respectively on the terminal block. These inputs may be used as limit switches or for any other purpose. SPST switches can be used with these inputs. One end of the switch goes to the input, the other end of the switch goes to ground (POSITION 12).
G540Pinout.jpg
laki

Postby laki » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Looking at the G540Pinout image above, I think the pin 15 is an output, not input
laki

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here