Problem with z axis

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Problem with z axis

Postby yagodajm » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello all, I have an OX cnc 1000x1000. I just everything in a new cabinet and just finished wiring everything up. I am running a uc300eth with a gecko g540. Both the x and y axises are running great, the the z is going all crazy. When pressing the down key it goes down a little they up really fast, same with the up key sometimes it goes up or down. I plugged the x motor to see if it was the uc300eth or the g540, but it worked fine. I tested all the wires to the motor and none are shorted or grounded. All my setting are still the same they way they were before I moved all the electronics to the new cabinet, and every thing work.

Any ideas what I am missing.

Thanks,

Justin
yagodajm

Re: Problem with z axis

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Try to exchange the Z axis drive and motor with another. I mean to wire the Z axis e.g. to the X axis which you know is working good and then reconfigure the UCCNC, move the X step/dir settings to the Z.
If that works OK then it is very likely that the Z drive in the G540 has an issue, but it is still possible that the Z axis step/dir pin or wiring is faulty.
To verify that too you can try to move to another port on the UC300ETH-5LPT. E.g. if you running from port#2 then you can unplug and plug into port #3, reconfigure the port numbers in the UCCNC and test if it fixes the issue. If it does not then it is even more likely that the G540 Z axis drive has an issue. Or if it fixes it then there is a problem with those pins in port#2.
And you could fully verify the issue with looking at the step/dir lines of the Z-axis with a logic analizer or with an oscilloscope, that would tell all. (if you have one)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here