UC400eth Lost Connection Now Reset Logic Stuck

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

UC400eth Lost Connection Now Reset Logic Stuck

Postby DMC3157 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:56 am

Hello,

I was using UCCNC with the UC400ETH last week without any trouble. When I came in today and woke up the PC I noticed that UCCNC was reporting a "Lost Connection error". I rebooted the machine and the connection was restored, but now the Limit logic is showing active and the reset will not clear. I have verified that none of the limit switches are active. If I "override limits" the reset logic will still not clear.

UCCNC is stuck in reset I cannot clear it. I notice that the UC400ETH is a bit warm.

- I have rebooted the PC twice
- I have power cycled the UC400ETC

Nothing fixes the problem, it is still showing limits active (even though they are not) and showing that the reset logic is active (even though it shouldn't be).

Please advise. Thanks.
DMC3157

Re: UC400eth Lost Connection Now Reset Logic Stuck

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:27 am

Check if the limit switches are even working. Go to the diagnostics page, you find the virtual LEDs which represent the state of the pins.
Try to trigger/untrigger the limit switch manually. Check if the appropriate LED is changing state.
If they are working then verify the limit input pins settings, port/pin numbers and active low setting.

The UC400ETH is always warm a bit when it is running. The ethernet IC generates lots of heat which is sinked into the aluminium enclosure via a cooling plate under the board.
So, that it is warm is normal.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here