Running First Gcode

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Running First Gcode

Postby drxlcarfreak » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Sorry for the very slow reply guys! Been a busy week or so. So, I tried creating another Gcode file to test with a simple ring. It came out really well. I think I need to actually calibrate my axes instead of using the calculations as my gauge of the cut says they are a tiny bit off, but that is no biggie. It came out "perfectly" round. I have tried that original file a few times now and each time it messes up towards the end, but a slightly different way each time. Is it possible to have a corrupt file? It only messes up in the X axis. From what I see when watching Y and Z stay pretty perfect. Could it be losing steps due to the bearings being too tight? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and loosen them up a bit and run the program again. Its just weird that the circle file seemed to work for me.
drxlcarfreak

Re: Running First Gcode

Postby Beardie7 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:54 am

For those still stuck on the safeZ height raising too high, in the initial movement preperation. The setting is in "General Settings" under configuration on the right hand side..... so many little details :D
Beardie7

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here