Homing / Limit issue

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Homing / Limit issue

Postby JeremyFXDWG » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:56 am

I am having an issue I can’t seem to fix.

I am running UCCNC version 1.2047 with a UC300ETH and a UB1 Bob

My issue is around limit switches: I am running NC NPN proximity sensors.

I am using a switch at the +/- of each axis with none currently on the Slave A axis.

Z+ X- Y- are set as both homing and limit.

When I check the diagnosis page the lights are off in a “run” state and when tripped all switched light up as expected.

When I hit a limit switch I can’t override limits. I keep clicking on the override button and nothing happens.

When I home an axis the machine goes into reset, I can’t get it out if reset with the override button and all relevant lights are off on the diagnostic page indicating that the switch is not tripped.

Any ideas would be awesome as I spent hours on this. Machine runs great otherwise but I would like to be able to home it.
JeremyFXDWG

Re: Homing / Limit issue

Postby dezsoe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:08 am

Please, post your profile (.pro) file so we could check your settings.
dezsoe

Postby JeremyFXDWG » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Thank you for your help. Attached is my current profile.
Attachments
CNC.pro
(30.44 KiB) Downloaded 569 times
JeremyFXDWG

Postby dezsoe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm

As I see, you connected the home inputs to the safety inputs of UB1. Check the UB1 manual for safety circuit and change homing inputs to other than X103..X110. Also, check output trigger 1 which is connected to Y302 together with X Enable.

(I cannot find some settings in your profile, which should be there. Is it a fresh copy of your current profile? E.g. 1.2047 saves statistic data and this is missing.)
dezsoe

Postby JeremyFXDWG » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks you for the help.

I will look into output trigger 1and Y302 both have to do with my spindle which I have not tested yet.

With regards to X103..X110. I do have them wired into those inputs however they are not solder bridged unto the safety circuit so they are operating as normal inputs.

So the weird thing is I downloaded 1.2104 to play with the home back off distance and all my other issues went away. Machine homes fine and if it hits a limit switch I can override and jog the machine off the limit.

First time I loaded the new version it updated the firmware. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.
JeremyFXDWG

Postby dezsoe » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:24 am

The firmware update is normal, all UCCNC versions verify the controller and change firmware to the needed version.

My problem was that the 1.2047 writes data into the profile file about the usage statistics (Config/Profiles/Statistics) and this data is missing from the profile you uploaded, so I'm not sure that you tried it with 2047 and/or uploaded the used profile.

Sorry, I remembered that the safety is enabled by default.
dezsoe

Return to Ask a question from support here