Out of Bound Error?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Out of Bound Error?

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 pm

I am getting an out of boundary error on UCCNC stating, "Z height =0.00 > Z0 = 0.00". What the crap? There shouldn't be an error if my Z isn't going above Z0. I installed the latest release version today. Is there a setting I am missing causing this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Haven't seen this error before. My axis is set to home at Z-0 with no back off or anything different than I had before. The Gcode doesn't bring it about Z0 either. The part being machined is actually pretty flat on my table.
ThreeDJ16

Re: Out of Bound Error?

Postby cncdrive » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 pm

That warning does not text like how you wrote it, there is no >, but >= and also the text differs.
The warning is about your job is out of the softlimits.
You can disable the warning on the general config page, the softlimits file precheck checkbox.

And softlimits are in machine coords, so check what machine coordinates are at Z0 in your current coordinate system, but you can also just disable the option if you don't want to bother with it...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 pm

cncdrive wrote:That warning does not text like how you wrote it, there is no >, but >= and also the text differs.
The warning is about your job is out of the softlimits.
You can disable the warning on the general config page, the softlimits file precheck checkbox.

And softlimits are in machine coords, so check what machine coordinates are at Z0 in your current coordinate system, but you can also just disable the option if you don't want to bother with it...

Sorry, wasn't in front of the machine when I typed the post, so didn't remember the exact syntax. But yes, my Z0 homes to machine 0. And my softlimits are set to z0 also. Weird part is I haven't changed any of my setting and have been using the same homing routine, coordinates and settings. Only thing was I upgraded to the latest release version. Now I am getting this error. I'll go back and look at all my setting again.

I am using ScreenSet 2017, but again, I've been using that for quite a while too. No changes there.
ThreeDJ16

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Depends on what version you used before it is possible that this function was not even there in the version you used before, I mean we continously adding new functions...
It is 100% sure that the message is about the out of softlimits boundary on g-code precheck, there is no any other function which gives even any similar message.
Just check what are the machine coords and also study what exactly the message says or you can simply disable the function with the mentioned checkbox.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:38 pm

What are you doing when you see the message? If it's while running g-code, post the code?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:46 pm

cncdrive wrote:Depends on what version you used before it is possible that this function was not even there in the version you used before, I mean we continously adding new functions...
It is 100% sure that the message is about the out of softlimits boundary on g-code precheck, there is no any other function which gives even any similar message.
Just check what are the machine coords and also study what exactly the message says or you can simply disable the function with the mentioned checkbox.

Yes. I understand it is the soft limit activating the error. But that is sort of the point of having soft limits. If I turn them off, then it would crash. My issue is it's never done this before. I've always set the soft limit to Z=0 and homed to z=0, but never had an issue.

ger21 wrote:What are you doing when you see the message? If it's while running g-code, post the code?

Here is the gcode. Had to rename ext to zip in order to upload. It's not actually compressed. It happens at cycle start. I'm about to repost the CAM, triple check all my settings and restart computer (though I've done that once already). Who knows, ghost in the system. My gcode doesn't call for a move above Z0, so makes no sense. Maybe I should change home to a positive 1mm instead of zero to give a buffer (but for some reason, seems like i remember that isn't allowed).

Z Stepper Motor plate.zip
(59.79 KiB) Downloaded 581 times
ThreeDJ16

Postby ger21 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Try changing

G0 G53 Z0
to

G53 G0 Z-1

and see if it still gives you the error

If your softlimit is 0, and you send the machine to 0, you'll probably get a warning?
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 pm

No, that does not automatically means a crash and by that I don't mean that softlimits are useless, however I'm not using it myself, but what I ment is that in the latest few versions the softlimit handling is divided into 2 parts, one is to handle the softlimits by the API/motion controller which means that the machine will stop whenever it reaches the softlimits and the other option (is what we talking about now) is the g-code precheck for out of boundaries. So, even if you disable the mentioned (second) option then you can still leave the softlimits on and your machine will then still stop whenever the softlimits get reached by the machine.

The zip file you uploaded can't be opened, it seems that the ZIP file is corrupted or at least I can't open it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 pm

cncdrive wrote:
The zip file you uploaded can't be opened, it seems that the ZIP file is corrupted or at least I can't open it.

rename the extension from .zip to .txt
It's not a zip file.
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Ahh, ok, thanks Gerry. I will have to go now, but will check tomorrow or maybe Dezsoe will check it faster than me if he is still up. :)
It is over midnight here...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here