Uc-300eth with triple beast using Lasertree LT-4LDS-V2

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Uc-300eth with triple beast using Lasertree LT-4LDS-V2

Postby formantjim » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:39 pm

Hi Viktor did not realise you were using Mach 3. I used to use Mach 3 but switched a few years ago to UCNC.

My laser is this https://endurancelasers.com/an-enduranc ... engraving/

If memory serves me you will need the plugin for Mach to enable the Laser to operate have you done that? Please follow this excellent video and it will get you up and running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYhZAljiaKg
formantjim

Postby Vikilaser » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Hi formatjim,

this is a thing that I should do. I dont have a laser plugin for mach3. Yes maybe its better to use UCCNC. I just bougth the fullversion of mach3, therefore I think I try it first with mach3...
Thank you very much. You realy helped me!

Greetings
Viktor
Vikilaser

Postby Vikilaser » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:04 pm

This video is very interesting. He is using relays to switch his laser on an off.
I just want to switch it with the gcode and without any relays.

I have just one more important question:
Your max. pwm frequency is 5000hz...
What is your minimum pwm frequency setting?

Thanks

Greetings
Viktor
Vikilaser

Postby Vikilaser » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:44 pm

Im using vectric v-carve pro to generate my gcode. Have a modified postprocessor for the M10/M11 comands.
So my laser can work with raster engraving and can cut with gcodes.
Vikilaser

Postby Vikilaser » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:06 pm

There must be a green ligth on the delivered PDA-01 driverboard, that shows pwm is connected correctly. That green light isnt on. The Fan is continious turning (also without activating the spindle), but the laser dont works.

There is a message pwm bumped to minimum setting...

Greetings
Viktor
Vikilaser

Postby formantjim » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:46 pm

Hi Viktor I think we need to take a step back and do some testing to make sure that the ETH 300 is outputting the correct signals to your laser. One should be able to fire the laser by applying 5 volts to the PWM input if you cannot then look at this link. https://jtechphotonics.com/?page_id=1436

I used to use Mach 3 and ESS controller with my laser and it worked fine. I then switched out the ESS and used the ETH 300 then UCCNC and I used the Mach software to test the outputs to see first to initialise the laser then PWM. Look at your diagnostics page to see if the output pins are doing what they are supposed to when hitting the Spindle start stop. That should cause you laser to start and await the PWM signal which is coming out of a different pin.
formantjim

Postby Vikilaser » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:31 pm

Hi formantjim,

tomorow i will do the testings.
I just have to know wich laser Plugin is usable for the Uc-300eth.
Do you have a link to an usable plugin?

Do I have to set some settings or any activation for the outputs in the pulldown menu ,,plugin control Analog I/O? There are some values for outputing like V or outputing in %. Have I to activate something there?
There is also in mach3 a setting in general configs: set charge pump to 5khz-Laser Stndby...

Tomorow i will test.
Thank you for help!
Greetings Viktor
Vikilaser

Postby Vikilaser » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:38 am

Hi formantjim,

I have decided to use the Uccnc Software. I already ordered my licence key. So now we have the same configs and softwares, what will hopefully lead to success :).
I have now to make it ready for my machine. Then we can test it better.

Greetings
Viktor
Vikilaser

Postby formantjim » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:34 pm

Excellent good to hear.

But first let us check that the Laser does indeed fire and respond to the various inputs All you need to do is place 5 volts on the enable pin input of the laser and also 5 volts on the PWM and it should fire the laser at 100% power. Have you done that yet to make sure it does indeed work?
formantjim

Postby Vikilaser » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi Formantjim,

sorry for asking, but how do you would connect the 5volts to the enable pin of the laser and to the pwm?
Pin1 at port 3 is outputing 5volts so I decided to test it there.
When I hooked up the pwm line to pin1 port 3 the Laser already fires when I started the Software (tested with mach3).So the laser works but cant start and stop him by the comands. The fan is already turning when applied to power supply.

With the UCCNC:
now it looks much better, the green light for pwm is also flashing on the little board.
Now I choosed pin17 port1 for my Spindle and also pin 17 port1 for Spindle relay output. The laser is firing all 5 seconds one time. I can not start and stop him with the comands M11p1 Q... M10 Q... M3 S... or M5. The Laser dont reacts.
Maybe I have to do some more settings. <maybe for emample with steps per rotation, acceleration spindle pulleys Analog pwm I/O?!
My Spindle pulley (nr.1) is from 0 to 255 at ratio1.
below a few pics from my settings in UCCNC.
Attachments
Analog Config.png
Spindle Setup.png
Vikilaser

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here