Weirdness with new soft limit handling

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Weirdness with new soft limit handling

Postby Derek » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:57 pm

I think this is being caused by it. This is with 1.2041. The last version I had upgraded to was 1.2037. I loaded the code and started to run it. I got no warning of soft limit when I pushed run. The tool was going along it's merry way and when it got to what I think was max travel on the Y it did a rapid over to a point in both X and Y and then continued machining. It stayed at the same Z level. Fortunately there was nothing in it's way. I rolled back to 1.2037 and when I loaded the code and pushed run I got the soft limit error. This is why I think it's related to that.

I'm in the middle of a job so I can't give you any more info than that but I wanted to get this posted so that someone else doesn't have a problem.

Derek
Derek

Re: Weirdness with new soft limit handling

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi Derek,

There was no change in the softlimits algorithms. The only thing I did is I separated the 2 parts which was already written.
So, the only thing changed is that the API handling the softlimits check was separated from the C# part looking for the softlimits in the g-code.
But as said, there was no change at all in any of the algorithms.

I will verify what happens if the softlimit is reached if the g-code softlimit precheck is disabled but the API softlimits precheck is enabled to see if there is any problem.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: Weirdness with new soft limit handling

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi Derek,

I ran some tests and I see the issue you described. It seems that the API was not prepared properly for the situation when the softlimit is reached while g-code is running.
This situation could not happen previously, I mean before the softlimits function was separated to 2 parts.
So, it really has issues when the g-code precheck is not set, but the softlimits is enabled and the softlimit is reached while g-code is running.
It is an API problem, so I will forward the informations to my collegue so he can fix it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Report a bug