Random stops

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Random stops

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you guys for the informations.
We found what the issue is and yes Gerry, it is what you've mentioned, that there is a missing protection against a Cycle start while applying and saving.
I will add this protection now.

And we could finally reproduce it with my collegue removed the Windows Defender exclusion for the UCCNC folder on his Win10 machine and when Windows defender is enabled on the UCCNC folder then it slows down the saving and that way he could reproduce the issue.
So, by the way, if you guys running Windows 10 then add an exclusion for the UCCNC folder in Windows defender, because it can really slow down the saving process.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 pm

I just added the Exclusion, and it now saves about 3 times faster.
And I'll be updating my screen to use toggle buttons for Apply and Save.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Tue May 16, 2017 5:47 am

cncdrive wrote:So, by the way, if you guys running Windows 10 then add an exclusion for the UCCNC folder in Windows defender, because it can really slow down the saving process.

This is not Defender (aka Security Essentials) and not Windows 10 dependent. Any OS with any antivirus works the same. The antivirus has to check the files that are read or written so it will slow down the file access. If you really trust yourselves and the source of the plugins you use, then exclude UCCNC's folder. (Btw, macro precompile will be much faster too.) If you are not sure then first copy all the files that you want to use to another folder, where the antivirus is working. If there is no problem, only then copy to UCCNC folder. (This is the way I do it, all files are virus checked before I copy them to their final location.)
dezsoe

Postby mphel » Tue May 16, 2017 6:00 am

All good here with an exclusion added to the UCCNC folder. Thanks guys.
Mark
mphel

Previous

Return to Report a bug