User fields update bug?

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: User fields update bug?

Postby dezsoe » Tue May 02, 2017 5:50 pm

A_Camera wrote:There is another difference... Hungarian, vs. English and Swedish... though I don't believe it has anything to with that.

I think it is the only reason that left. I arrived home and here I could test with 1.2037: it works fine. Could you test it on another PC? (I tested on Hungarian Windows 10 x64 full updated.) What kind of operating system do you have? I'm really interested in finding the reason, because it may cause other problems.
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Tue May 02, 2017 7:40 pm

dezsoe wrote:
A_Camera wrote:There is another difference... Hungarian, vs. English and Swedish... though I don't believe it has anything to with that.

I think it is the only reason that left. I arrived home and here I could test with 1.2037: it works fine. Could you test it on another PC? (I tested on Hungarian Windows 10 x64 full updated.) What kind of operating system do you have? I'm really interested in finding the reason, because it may cause other problems.

I have actually tested on a Dell W10 fully updated and a HP W7 Pro (company computer outside my control) and on both it behaves similarly. I will install on a HP laptop with W10 as well, but maybe not tonight. Thank you for you efforts anyway.

I was joking about the Swedish... but if that is the problem then it is not good. Could it still be the customisation settings...?

Edit:

No, that's not the cultureinfo. Just added and tested and it makes no difference. :(
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 pm

OK, my HP laptop is now up to date. The W10 update went faster than I thought, so I installed my screen on 1.2032 in that PC. the probing screen is working, but unfortunately the same behaviour as on my Dell desktop. I am out of ideas. This is the third computer it is tested on and both fields behave the same way. Next is to change the field labels to something higher... not that I believe in that solution, but I have to do something...

Edit: Just as I thought, it didn't help to change the field labels to #20332 and #20333.

I will also install 1.2037 on the HP laptop that will definitely not be tonight... I have to get up soon and must sleep a few hours first.
A_Camera

Postby dezsoe » Tue May 02, 2017 8:32 pm

I really can't imagine what's happening on your PCs. I tried on 2032 and 2037, worked perfectly.

By the way, you should use showfieldnb instead of fieldnb and textfieldnb on the feed and the four axes to prevent editing them.
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 pm

dezsoe wrote:I really can't imagine what's happening on your PCs. I tried on 2032 and 2037, worked perfectly.

I am also out of ideas. I think I have tried everything possible, except installing a computer with Hungarian or English W10. Perhaps I'll try that later this week or next weekend. Until then, I just have to be careful not to click on the fields unless I want to change the value. Never the less, at least for now, I think this is a bug or something caused by Windows character set or localization.

dezsoe wrote:By the way, you should use showfieldnb instead of fieldnb and textfieldnb on the feed and the four axes to prevent editing them.

No, that is what I wanted. I want those fields to be editable, just like they are in the RUN screen. Perhaps I'll change the feed rate field and add +/- button, but the axis fields will remain as they are in my version. I have no opinion if another user would prefer it differently, it is up to that user to change the fields in that case.

Thank you for the time you spent on this.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 pm

I have it installed on 3 Windows 10 Pro PC's, and it works the same on all of them. All English, but I can't see why that would matter.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Wed May 03, 2017 1:35 pm

ger21 wrote:I have it installed on 3 Windows 10 Pro PC's, and it works the same on all of them. All English, but I can't see why that would matter.

What does it mean? All works well or all works wrong? :)
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Wed May 03, 2017 1:41 pm

ger21 wrote:I have it installed on 3 Windows 10 Pro PC's, and it works the same on all of them. All English, but I can't see why that would matter.

I do believe you, and that was what we actually meant. The only difference we definitely know about now is that it works on several computers with Hungarian and English Windows, but not on the three Swedish computers I tested on. That's why I consider installation of English or Hungarian Windows on a computer I have, just to see if I can make it work as well. Never the less, this will take time, and even if it works, I am not sure I will be able to find out why. Currently I have no other idea and don't know what else I could try.

In many software the character set used by the OS makes a difference in functionality as well. It is a Windows "feature" which is not always welcome.
A_Camera

Postby ger21 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:14 pm

dezsoe wrote:

What does it mean? All works well or all works wrong? :)

It works correctly for me, as I mentioned earlier.
Gerry
ger21

Postby ger21 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:16 pm

I did run into an issue that only happened on a Korean language PC, but it couldn't be duplicated by switching the language to Korean. But the issue went away when the user switched to English. I need to go back and revisit that, as some code was added to help troubleshoot, but I'd been busy and forgot.
So, anything's possible.
Gerry
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Report a bug