The application lost the connection with the motion controll

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

The application lost the connection with the motion controll

Postby cncgefest » Mon May 29, 2023 9:01 am

The application lost the connection with the motion controller device.
The error began to occur with different frequency. Tried to connect to another computer. The result is the same. UCCNC control is the latest version.
cncgefest

Re: The application lost the connection with the motion cont

Postby cncgefest » Mon May 29, 2023 10:21 am

foto
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-29 131939.jpg
foto
cncgefest

Postby Battwell » Mon May 29, 2023 10:28 am

which controller?
this is usually because of electrical noise from the vfd.
or power saving causing a shutdown of communication.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby cncgefest » Mon May 29, 2023 10:45 am

UC300ETH. The controller is powered by a separate power supply through the decoupling board UCSB single port breakout board (https://www.cncdrive.com/UCSB.html). 24V enters the board, the board converter sends 5V to the motion controller
cncgefest

Postby A_Camera » Mon May 29, 2023 1:22 pm

Battwell wrote:which controller?
this is usually because of electrical noise from the vfd.
or power saving causing a shutdown of communication.

Not necessarily the VFD. I never had an issue with my VFD, only my vac. Also, since I replaced the UC300USB with the ETH version, I have never seen this problem, not ever during all these years.
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Mon May 29, 2023 1:29 pm

cncgefest wrote:UC300ETH. The controller is powered by a separate power supply through the decoupling board UCSB single port breakout board (https://www.cncdrive.com/UCSB.html). 24V enters the board, the board converter sends 5V to the motion controller

Difficult to say, but a lot of things can cause issues. Ethernet is very noise insensitive because the protocol has error correction built in, so the most likely cause is some other hardware problem causing momentary disturbances somewhere. Can be a bad connection somewhere (power or Ethernet cable) or a cable which is partially broken. Can also be caused by poor power supply, maybe the UC300ETH board power supply cuts off for a brief second or something similar. Anyway, I'd start with checking all the connectors, wiring, screw terminals and so on. I don't think it's related to the VFD, but of course, it can not be excluded. A lose wire can cause many issues.
A_Camera

Postby cncgefest » Mon May 29, 2023 1:36 pm

This error occurred even when the machine did nothing. The spindle was not running at that moment and the NC program was not being executed. During normal manual movements. Connected 3 different cables. I have already assembled about 10 such machines. And these problems have happened before. They are random. And what is interesting in my workshop everything works stably, but as soon as the client receives the machine, miracles begin. It’s as if they have electricity flowing through the wires that is not of high quality :)
cncgefest

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 29, 2023 1:45 pm

Try a different 5Volts powersupply, because powersupply fluctation can cause this problem.
If the PSU voltage drops below about 4.20 Volts then the communication stops working, however the board will still function.
It is enough to have a power supply voltage drop for a short time to have issue like this.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncgefest » Mon May 29, 2023 2:43 pm

That is, take 5 volts from another power supply. Is the 24-5V converter from the decoupling board not suitable? 24V power only the decoupling board. For the power section, I use a different power supply.
cncgefest

Postby cncdrive » Mon May 29, 2023 3:32 pm

The 5Volts which powers the UC300ETH should be a fully separated powersupply which only powers the UC300ETH.
Using the 5Volts from the breakout board is very unrecommended because:
1.) The 24V powers the devices connected to the machine and so those long wires running in the control box and machine frame can carry back lots of EMI noise which could then effect the 5Volts powering the sensitive microcontroller circuit of the UC300ETH.
2.) Using the 5Volts from the breakout board breaks the isolation of the optocouplers and then in case of any issues like overvoltages, ground loops, bad connections etc. on the power side could damage not only the breakout board, but also the much more expensive motion controller.

So, you should use a separate 5V powersupply to power the UC300ETH.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to Report a bug