Unknown G-Codes

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Unknown G-Codes

Postby eccles » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:44 am

Hi Folks,
Newbie Alert.
I'm having an issue with the unknown G-codes option.
So we are all on the same page the following may be helpful.
Application: Plasma
Environment: XP-SP3, UCCNC 1.2115, NeuronLite Plugin, SheetCAM, NeuronTHCUCCNCPost.
Hardware: AXBB-E, UCSB, NeuronLite THC.
As a new user of all this stuff I have selected the UCCNC configuration option to warn if SheetCAM generates any G-codes that UCCNC doesn't support.
I created a simple square with a hole at each corner as a trial.
The file loads OK and when simulated (offline mode) a UCCNC dialog opens and prompts for confirmation of a required action - so far so good. (This would appear to be a modal dialog as nothing further happens until it is actioned.)
The unknown G-code in this instance is G21 - something to do with metric units - probably a SheetCAM post issue.
Moving on - the Run Screen for the Neuron plugin also includes a TEST button - the function of which is to execute the G-code file without actually firing the torch - very useful for newbies! - the challenge I'm having is that if I have UCCNC configured to respond to unknown G-codes and I select TEST, the previous action required dialog opens but I am unable to select an option - it would appear that the dialog loses focus and UCCNC just sits there unresponsive.
The only option is to exit via the X.

This is not a major issue as I can use it without the G-code warning option but I just thought you might like to know about it.
eccles

Re: Unknown G-Codes

Postby ger21 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:11 am

You need to report this to Neuron, if it's an issue with their plugin. Sometimes with UCCNC plugins, , popup windows or dialog boxes can open behind the UCCNC window. Make sure that is not what is happening.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby eccles » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
On looking more closely it would appear that the Neuron plugin also launches a modal dialog when the test function is called and this window takes the focus but is behind the UCCNC window so you cant see it to action it and you are unable to move the UCCNC window out of the way to get to it. Catch22?
Neuron doesn't seem to have an active support forum?
eccles

Postby ger21 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:41 am

Try Control>TAB to switch windows.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Report a bug