soft limit randomly occuring, soft limits are not on

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

soft limit randomly occuring, soft limits are not on

Postby jwhelget » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:31 pm

Soft limit error is stopping machine after making several passes on the same program. Soft limits are not turned on, never have been turned on. After stopping, machine can be moved in all directions. Do not know how to find which limit was reached. Has happened multiple times. Always homing on startup with switches. Restart of uccnc and or computer on previous occurrences and ran same program without moving part to completion. Last time made 2 more depth passes (same perimeter cut) before soft limit error in different position. This is new in the last week.
jwhelget

Re: soft limit randomly occuring, soft limits are not on

Postby jwhelget » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:29 pm

additional comments............just restarted software again motion stopped by soft limit error in yet a different position. Spindle remains running when spindle is turned off spindle retracts and y moves in positive direction while spindle is shutting down. This just occurred when end mill was deep in a cut. Very alarming. I did get a new UC100 in the last week last one was not working. Not sure if the UC100 has anything to do with this but it is a new recent factor.
jwhelget

Postby Dazp1976 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:49 pm

Try running the program with spindle off.
If it completes it I would say you are getting a noise issue in the wiring somewhere.
Dazp1976

Postby Delco » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Do you get a screen up saying soft limits exceeded ?
Delco

Postby jwhelget » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:40 am

The attached screenshoot shows where it states soft limit reached.
Attachments
image (2).png
jwhelget

Postby ger21 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:09 am

Dazp1976 wrote:Try running the program with spindle off.
If it completes it I would say you are getting a noise issue in the wiring somewhere.

Softlimits don't use wire or switches. :D

So softlimits is NOT checked here?
SL.JPG
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:19 pm

Softlimit is as it name tells you is "software limits" is it programmed coordinates for the axes, it defines the boundaries in which the axis is allow to move.
Softlimits work only if the Enable softlimits checkbox is checked in the configuration.
Then the controller continously comparing the coordinates of the axis to the softlimits boundaries and if the axis tries to move out of that boundary then the controller stops the motion with a softlimits error.
If you not using softlimits then make sure it is disabled in the configuration at the place what Ger21 showed you.
If you using the softlimits then make sure to set the softlimits coordinates properly for your needs and also make sure to home the machine, otherwise the softlimits will not work properly because without homing your machine coordinates might not be referenced properly.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jwhelget » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:52 pm

I understand the concept of soft limits. As I have previously stated soft limits have never been turned on. So why is there an error for soft limits exceeded?
jwhelget

Postby cncdrive » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:29 pm

The software does not check the softlimits if it is not enabled, so I think that it is impossible that you getting softlimits error if the softlimits are disabled.
Can you please make a video of it?
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mark68 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:48 pm

I'm adding to this post too.

I'm just swapping over my machine from UC100 to AXBBE so as yet it's not run on the AXBBE.

I am getting a softlimits reached warning and I cannot reset becuase of it. Like above the softlimits are switched off.

I have narrowed mine down to the X Axis after turning off the axis one by one. The home limit pin is active and this is the same sensor and pin number as the limit + and -. I am seeing the hard limit light flash a little in diagnostics with the limit pins active but not with only the home pin active, which is odd. Would this cuase the trigger?
My limit switches are Normally open reed switches with two wires not wired in series.

Any advice would be good?
mark68

Next

Return to Report a bug