UCCNC crashing

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: UCCNC crashing

Postby A_Camera » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:03 am

cncdrive wrote:
A_Camera wrote:I never had a crash when it is running, but now and then it happens that it crash before it is ready for running. I observed this in 1.2029 first (I don't remember having seen it before), but happens also in the withdrew version of 1.2030 as well as in 1.2031. I think it only happens when I double click to start UCCNC and then move focus to another window while UCCNC starts up. After that I must close UCCNC via Windows and the next start up, with the focus kept on UCCNC, the software starts up normally.

I've tried to start the UCCNC a few times now with focusing to other windows, but could not reproduce the crash.
Will try on a few other PCs also later and will check through the startup sequence also.

Happened again yesterday. I click on UCCNC and then Firefox, both starts, Firefox in foreground, I happily do what I want in Firefox and then I want to change focus to UCCNC but all I have is a black window and the message that it is in reset, or whatever the first message box says (I REALLY wish that message box could be disabled so that it would NEVER show...) and it seems it started with macro compilation and that never finish. In UCCNC I see that I have a Windows message that it is not responding. Closing after a few minutes, start again, the macro compilation starts and finishes and the message box about reset pops up and everything is OK... very weird. Maybe I'll go back to an older version, but there we have the localization bug...

cncdrive wrote:However the OP's issue is different it can be reproduced here from the files he sent and it was caused by a too early plugin functions call issue which issue was already resolved.

Yes, I know, but maybe there is a connection. I have the Modbus plugin starting automatically + macro compilation. Maybe things happen a bit uncontrolled and too fast now and then.
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 pm

cncdrive wrote:
However the OP's issue is different it can be reproduced here from the files he sent and it was caused by a too early plugin functions call issue which issue was already resolved.

Yes, I know, but maybe there is a connection. I have the Modbus plugin starting automatically + macro compilation. Maybe things happen a bit uncontrolled and too fast now and then.

Hmm, I don't think so. I mean that issue with the too early call of the plugin was totally eliminated.
The exact issue was that the plugin loop call started not in syncron with the thread which created the plugin instances,
so it could have been happen that the calls where made before the plugin class was even instanced.
But this issue was already ellminated, we syncronised the 2 loops, so it can't happen anymore.
So, this crash has to be something else.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby silverdog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:50 pm

The problem was due to a damaged rj45 connector of the notebook. Changing the notebook solved the problem (I guess a false contact on the notebook motherboard)
silverdog

Previous

Return to Report a bug